Ever since Madison started driving, I realized she's not going to live at home forever. Since that time, I have made every effort to make myself available to just be with her whenever she is home. The three of us spend a lot of time just hanging out. We get very little accomplished because of this, but you know what, it's okay. The earth keeps on spinning even when the porch needs sweeping! It's true!!
These past few years I have scaled back our holiday decorating just for this reason. Can you believe the world didn't come to an end when I didn't put lights up on the outside of our home?! <wink>
Another way to save time during the holidays is to make this super easy cookie dough. It makes a variety of cookies in just a couple hours as opposed to several days in the kitchen!! To make all 5 different cookies it takes me only about 2 hours! How great is that?
Today I am sharing this basic cookie dough recipe with you, and this week I'll share all the different cookie recipes you can make with this dough, so be on the lookout for those recipes! Next week I'll do the same with my Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe! You'll have 20 dozen cookies in 10 different varieties in NO TIME!! Just imagine all the holiday cheer you can spread with all of these delicious cookies!!
Vanilla Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (3 sticks)
- 2 1/4 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups softened butter, 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 egg, and 1 tablespoon vanilla on low until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until creamy. About a minute.
- Add 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix on low until just combined.
- Divide dough into 5 equal parts and refer to specific cookie recipes for directions. If you are making this dough up ahead of time, you can divide it into 5 equal parts and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate. This dough can be refrigerated for a couple of days before baking.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Tags: Vanilla Cookie Dough, Recipe, Basic Dough, Vanilla Cookies, Cookie Dough, Holiday, Christmas
You might also like my Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe - It is one dough that makes 5 chocolate cookies recipes!
Here are all five cookie varieties you can make with this one basic Vanilla Cookie Dough Recipe...