These are Don's all-time favorite cookies, and a tradition in our house every Christmas. I love how easy these cookies are to make, and I haven't met anyone who doesn't love 'em!I use my Vanilla Cookie Dough Recipe as a base for these cookies and then mix in some crunchy cereal and roll into a ball. I place the balls into a mini muffin tin and make an indentation that I fill with jam and bake. I used raspberry jam in the cookies you see pictured, but I love to use a variety of jam flavors such as apricot, strawberry, peach, apple, etc...
Jam Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- 1/5 Vanilla Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1/2 cup Grapes Nut cereal
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam (or your favorite jam flavors)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan.
- Divide dough into 24 equal pieces. Press each piece of dough into cereal, being sure to cover the dough. Roll each piece of cereal coated dough into a ball and place in the mini muffin pan. Make a small indentation in the center of each ball and fill with jam. Sprinkle a little bit of cereal on top of each one.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool in pan about 10 minutes and then remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 27 mins.
Tags: Jam Thumbprint Cookies, Jam, Thumbprint, Cookies, Christmas, Tradition, Holiday, Cookies for Santa, Vanilla Cookie Dough