My Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe makes 5 different and delicious cookies and a total of about 10 dozen cookies from this one basic chocolate cookie dough recipe!
By using one basic dough to make a variety of cookies, I can have an array of delicious cookies in just a couple hours and only one mess to clean up! It really doesn't get much easier than this to have cookies for holiday gatherings, as well as to gift cookie trays to family and friends. Homemade cookies make a wonderfully thoughtful gift!
Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (3 sticks)
- 2 1/4 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch Process Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups softened butter, 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1 egg, and 1 tablespoon vanilla on low until combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until creamy. About a minute.
- Add 1/2 cocoa powder, 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Mix on low until just combined.
- Divide dough into 5 equal parts and refer to specific cookie recipes for directions. If you are making this dough up ahead of time, you can divide it into 5 equal parts and wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate. This dough can be refrigerated for a couple of days before baking.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Tags: Chocolate Cookie Dough, Recipe, Basic Dough, Chocolate Cookies, Cookie Dough, Holiday, Christmas
Here all five cookie varieties you can make with this basic Chocolate Cookie Dough Recipe...