Cranberry Pinwheel Cookies are beautiful Christmas cookies made from my Vanilla Cookie Dough Recipe. The cranberry filled cookies drizzled with rich, creamy white chocolate are delicious and make a festive cookie for the holiday season.
These cookies are easy to make using my Vanilla Cookie Dough Recipe. You simply make up the cookie dough, chill it, roll it out, spread on the cranberry sauce, roll it up jelly roll style, wrap it up tightly and chill until firm. Then simply slice and bake. When cooled, drizzle on some melted white chocolate and enjoy!
Cranberry Pinwheel Cookies
- 1/5th Vanilla Cookie Dough Recipe, chilled
- 1/4 cup Homemade Cranberry Sauce or your favorite cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Using 1/5th of my Vanilla Cookie Dough Recipe, roll out the chilled dough to an 8" square. Working with chilled dough is easier. It will be too sticky if not chilled. If the dough is chilled and still a bit sticky, I recommend dusting your rolling pin and work surface with confectioners' sugar.
- Spread 1/4 cup cranberry sauce on the dough. Spread thin and close to the edge. If I have leftover cranberry sauce, I use that, but if not the canned cranberry sauce works just fine. It's easier to work with the jellied instead of the whole berry if you go with canned.
- Carefully roll up the dough jelly roll style. If the dough tears - it's okay - just pinch it back together and keep rolling. Pinch the seams and roll the log back and forth to make sure it is nice and round. Roll up tightly in parchment paper and chill in the freezer about 20-30 minutes until nice and firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. When the dough is firm enough to cut without losing its round shape, slice it into 1/4" rounds and place on a parchment lined baking sheet 1" apart. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly starting to brown around edges. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- When cookies are cooled, combine 1/2 cup white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat in microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds at a time - stirring in between heating until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Allow to dry and enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Cranberry Pinwheel Cookies, Cranberry Sauce, White Chocolate, Vanilla Cookie Dough, Christmas Cookies, Holiday Season, Homemade, Baked, Dessert, Gift,