Cinnamon Roll Cookies Recipe
- 1/5th Vanilla Cookie Dough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- milk as needed to thin the glaze to desired consistency
- Chill dough in freezer until firm - about 15 to 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 2 tablespoons melted buttter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Roll out chilled dough to about an 8 inch square. Spread the brown sugar mixture on the dough right up to the edge. Roll up dough as tightly as you can without tearing the dough. Pinch seams. Wrap the dough in parchment paper and chill in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour. You want the dough very firm so you can cut it without losing the round shape.
- When the dough is firm, roll it on the surface a few times to make sure it is round and slice into 1/4" slices. Place cookies slices on parchment lined baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around edges. Allow to cool on tray for a minute and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Combine 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Stir to combine and add 1 teaspoon of milk at a time to thin to desired consistency, as needed. Drizzle the glaze over cooled cookies and allow to dry. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 27 mins.
Tags: Cinnamon Roll Cookies, Cinnamon Rolls, Cinnamon, Cookies, Holiday, Christmas, Gift, Cookie Tray, Glaze, Vanilla Cookie Dough