To make the striped effect, I roll out 1/5th Vanilla Cookie Dough to an 8" square, and I roll out the colored almond paste to an 8" square as well. I roll these out in parchment paper. I place each on a large piece of parchment paper and roll it out to nearly an 8" square...
Then I fold the parchment paper over the cookie dough so that it gives it a straight edge on all sides...
I make sure it measures an 8" square and then roll out all the way to the edge of the parchment. This forms a nice straight edge on all sides...
Once I have both rolled out into an 8" square with straight edges...
I place the almond paste on top of the cookie dough and fold the parchment paper over the two. I measure again to make sure I have an 8" square and roll the edges again to create a nice straight edge...
Next I measure out 2" spaces across the top and bottom of the dough and score the dough...
Then I simply cut at the score marks...Carefully stack the rows with cookie dough on the bottom and almond paste on top so the colors alternate, giving the striped effect. Trim the edges if needed. Wrap dough and chill in freezer about 5-10 minutes until firm.
Cut into 1/4" slices and...
place on parchment lined baking sheet 1" apart. Chill cookies in freezer for about 10 minutes. Bake 7-9 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
Striped Almond Cookies
- 1/5th Vanilla Cookie Dough
- 1 box (7 ounce) Almond Paste
- Red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add almond paste and 4 drops food coloring to the mixer bowl (or food processor) and mix until the almond paste is tinted pink. Roll out almond paste on a large sheet of waxed paper to nearly 8" square. Fold parchment paper over almond paste to create straight edges on all sides. Be sure it measures 8" square and finish rolling out the almond paste to the edges of the parchment paper. This will ensure the proper size and nicely straight edges. Roll out the cookie dough in the same manner.
- Place almond paste on dough and fold the parchment over again. Measure to make sure it is 8" square and roll to create straight edges and seal the dough together.
- Measure out 2" spaces across the top and bottom of the dough and score the dough. Cut at the score marks so you have 4 rows. Carefully stack the rows with cookie dough on the bottom and almond paste on top so the colors alternate, giving the striped effect. Trim the edges if needed. Wrap dough in parchment paper and chill dough in freezer about 5-10 minutes until firm.
- Cut into 1/4" slices and place on parchment lined baking sheet 1" apart. Chill cookies in freezer for 10 minutes until firm.
- Bake at 375 the degrees F for 7-9 minutes until the edges are slightly browned. Allow to cool on pan for 1 minute and then remove to wire racks and cool completely.
Prep Time: 30 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Striped Almond Cookies, Striped, Cookies, Almond Paste, Christmas, Holiday, Vanilla Cookie Dough, Gift, Cookie Tray