I just can't get enough of the sweet and salty combo, and my Caramel Crunch Snack Mix does not disappoint! The saltiness of the delicious Winter Spiced Mixed Nuts and pretzels coated in the crunchy homemade caramel sauce satisfies when that sweet and salty craving hits! It makes a great gift too! Just package the snack mix up in a cute glass container and tie a ribbon around it! I like to have several of these on hand. It's a great way to spread some holiday cheer <smile>
To make this snack mix, I lined a casserole dish with parchment paper for easy clean-up and then tossed in the pretzels and topped them with the Planters Winter Spiced Nuts...
I smothered the nut mixture in a homemade rich and creamy caramel sauce and baked for 20 minutes. Easy as pie! Oh my yumminess!! Just look at that beautiful, ooey, gooey caramel!!
Have you seen the Holiday Planter's products? I came across the Limited Edition Holiday display at Walmart. The packaging has a very cool feature you simply have to see to believe! By downloading the free Blippar App you will be able to interact with the products like never before! I had a fun time snapping some shots of Austin the horse with Mr. Peanut...
A simple scan of the can brings it to life! It's true! Mr. Peanut will appear in a snow covered forest right on your smartphone! There will be several options for you to explore, such as Holiday Gift Tips, Holiday Products, and taking selfies with Mr. Peanut himself! Get to Walmart and look for the Planter's Holiday Sleigh Display. I found it near the refrigerated items in my local Walmart.
Planter's has several different Limited Edition varieties just in time for the holidays, but I settled on the Winter Spiced Mix that contains honey roasted peanuts, almonds, honey roasted sesame sticks, cashews, and pecans! It is so good all on it's own and really adds extra deliciousness to my Caramel Crunch Snack Mix.
If you are on the hunt for more recipe inspiration, I recommend visiting the Cooking Up Good website. They have recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What's not to love?!
Caramel Crunch Snack Mix #GoNutsforNuts
- 15 ounces mini twist pretzels
- 2 cups Planters Winter Spiced Mixed Nuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper. To make clean up easier, be sure the parchment goes up and over all sides of the dish.
- Place the pretzels and 2 cups Planters Winter Spiced Mixed nuts into the parchment lined baking dish and set aside while you make the caramel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 sticks butter, 2 cups packed dark brown sugar, 1/2 cup light corn syrup, and a pinch of salt. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring this mixture to a boil and continue stirring until it 250 degrees F or hard ball stage. This will take about 7-10 minutes but that can vary depending on so many things, so I recommend using a candy thermometer for best results. Once the caramel is up to temperature, remove from heat and pour over nut mixture. Gently toss to coat the nut mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stirring 1/2 way through. Remove from oven and spread out on parchment paper to cool. Enjoy!
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: Caramel, Crunch, Snack Mix, Nuts, Pretzels, Party, Gift, Holiday, Sweet and Salty, Homemade
recipe adapted from allrecipes.com Snicky Snackies
You might also enjoy...