S'mores Popcorn, a good movie, and my favorite guy cuddled up on the couch with me is my ultimate movie night! I confess! I'm a homebody. What's your ultimate movie night?
Don and I spend our date nights curled up on the couch munching on crunchy snacks and watching movies. It's the perfect date night! Cozy and romantic... even if we're watching Full Metal Jacket <smile>. To create the movie theater feel for our at home movie night, we turn off the phones, turn down the lights, and turn up the volume on the TV! Just like being at the movies! Well, except no noisy people sitting behind us, and we didn't have to drain our bank account either! Going to the movies is expensive folks!
Our snack of choice is this scrumptious S'mores Popcorn. It makes up in a jiffy and is the perfect crunchy snack for munching when watching a good movie!
Popcorn is a great movie snack all on its own, but it's fun to dress it up once in a while. My S'mores Popcorn is loaded with mini marshmallows, chunks of graham crackers, and M&M's®, because popcorn and M&M's® just go together! Am I right?!
This tasty movie night snack is easy to make too. Start by popping some microwaveable popcorn, such as Orville Redenbacher's Movie Theater Butter flavor, because it's yummy and it doesn't leave you with a bunch of those pesky old maids!
Spread the popcorn, mini marshmallows, chunks of graham crackers, and M&M's® into a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Drizzle it with chocolate....
and then drizzle it with some more chocolate...
Why white chocolate on s'mores you ask? That's just the way we roll <wink>
You can't argue with that kind of beautiful!
Don and I had a great date night! It was his turn to choose the movie, and he picked Full Metal Jacket. It is a war drama set in the Vietnam era and follows a group of marine recruits through basic training. We enjoy thought provoking movies and Full Metal Jacket really delivers. We first saw Full Metal Jacket at the movies way back in the day when we were dating! It was nice to enjoy it again over 25 years later snuggled up warm and cozy in our private little 'movie theater' setting at home.
If you are planning a date night you came to the right place! Follow my lead and head on over to Walmart! Look for the #MovieNight4Less display to find lots of discounted movies. Really good movies like the Harry Potter series and The Blind Side for just $5!! Only $7.88 on Blue Ray!
The #MovieNight4Less display was located near the packaged deli meat and cheese in the dairy section of my local Walmart. The display, with the discounted movies, will be available in select stores through November 24th. Don't miss out on this great deal! Check here for a store near you!
S'mores Popcorn #MovieNight4Less
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup M&M's®
- 4-5 Graham Crackers, broken into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- Spread the popcorn, 1 cup mini marshmallows, 1 cup M&M's®, and bite sized graham cracker pieces in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Microwave 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon vegetable for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Microwave an additional 15 seconds if needed and stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate evenly over popcorn mixture.
- Microwave 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave on 50% for 15 seconds more. Stir until smooth. Microwave another 15 seconds on 50% as needed until smooth. Drizzle white chocolate evenly over popcorn mixture.
- Let sit about 15-30 minutes until chocolate dries. Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Tags: S'mores Popcorn, Movie Night, Snack, Popcorn, Movie, M&M's®, Date Night
You might also like....