Drunken Pumpkin Seeds for #PumpkinWeek are made with Jack Daniels Whiskey, bacon drippings, brown sugar and salt. This combo makes a sweet and salty treat you'll have a hard time putting down!
Pumpkin Seeds, or Pepitas as they are known in Spanish, are not just a tasty little chewy snack that keeps your mouth happy! Oh no, these little seeds pack a nutritional punch with loads of good-for-you stuff!
Pumpkin seeds have a wide variety of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and are high in protein too! These little seeds are a nutritional powerhouse, and as an added bonus, they taste great!
When carving those pumpkins for Halloween, be sure to save the seeds and roast them up. You can roast them simply by tossing them with a little butter and salt or you can get more elaborate like this Drunken Pumpkin Seed recipe. The flavor possibilities are endless!
Welcome to day 3 of #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. We are celebrating our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day. 17 Food Bloggers have come together to share over 65 recipes with you. In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we are also sharing savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili and pumpkin corn chowder. Come back every day for #PumpkinWeek recipes. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Drunken Pumpkin Seeds #PumpkinWeek
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 275°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over mid-high heat, combine 1 cup pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cup Jack Daniels, 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and salt to taste. Bring this mixture to a boil and reduce heat to mid low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is reduced to a glaze. It will be quite sticky.
- Spread the glazed seeds onto a baking sheet. Try to get them in a single layer as much as possible, keeping in mind the glaze is going to stick them together, so don't drive yourself crazy over it
. Season with a little more salt as needed and roast the seeds in the oven for an hour. Remove and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 5 mins.
Tags: Pumpkin Seeds, Whiskey, Roasted, Healthy, Snack, Sweet and Salty, Glaze, Pepitas, Fall, Thanksgiving
recipe inspired by allrecipes Drunken Pumpkin Seeds
Check out all the #PumpkinWeek Bloggers and their recipes:
Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese Truffles by Love and Confections
Pumpkin-Vanilla Bean Madeleines by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
White Chocolate Drizzled Pumpkin Scones by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
S'mores Pumpkin Pie by The Spiffy Cookie
Homemade Pumpkin Puree by Happy Food Healthy Life
Pumpkin Mole by Curious Cuisiniere
Drunken Pumpkin Seeds by Life Tastes Good
Pumpkin Roll by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Pumpkin Lasagna by My Catholic Kitchen
Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread by Making Miracles
Pumpkin Quinoa Oatmeal Bake by The Pajama Chef
Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Pancakes by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
You might also like...