My Pesto Burger Recipe is bursting with the classic flavor combination of basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese all atop a juicy grilled burger. Oh my yumminess! It is so good, y'all!
The burger itself is seasoned simply, but generously, with salt and pepper and then grilled to perfection. I chose to grill my burgers in my favorite grill pan indoors, but they will be amazing if cooked on the grill outside too.
Melt some fresh mozzarella cheese on these babies, top 'em with a hefty dollop of pesto and a slice of tomato, and you'll be in burger heaven with each and every bite! The fresh pesto really adds a zesty deliciousness to an otherwise plain old burger.
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Pesto Burger Recipe
- 1 lb ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 burger buns
- 1 to 2 Plum tomatoes, sliced
- Homemade Basil Pesto
- Heat a grill pan to 375°F or fire up the outdoor grill to mid-high heat.
- Generously salt and pepper 1 pound of ground chuck and mix well. Form into four patties. Spray the grill pan with a little olive oil spray. I like to use my Misto Olive Oil Sprayer. Place patties in grill pan and grill for 4-5 minutes without disturbing the patties so they can get a nice sear on them. When nicely seared, flip the patties and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is cooked through.
- Place the buns under the broiler in the oven while the meat is searing. Leave the oven door ajar and watch the buns carefully so they don't burn. Brown the buns nicely and remove from oven.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a burger patty on each bun bottom and top with a slice of tomato and a generous dollop of pesto. Place the bun top on and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: Burger, Cheeseburger, Italian, Lunch, Main, Mozzarella, Pesto, Sandwich, Tomato
You might also like....