Best Baked French Fries with Buffalo Caesar Dipping sauce! This is my go-to french fry recipe! I've been making my fries like this for years and years! My family LOVES 'em!! These french fries are easy to make and really do get a little crispy on the outside just like a good french fry should!!
Baking fries is so much easier and healthier than frying. The clean-up is a breeze and by making them yourself you control the ingredients and save money too! Y'all know I love that!
This recipe takes a little planning to prep the fries before they are ready to bake, but it's worth it!! Potatoes have a high water content, so in order to keep them from steaming, we need to remove as much water as possible. By tossing them with some sugar and letting them sit for about 30 minutes or so, the water will leech out of the potatoes. You just drain them and dry them and they'll be ready for the oven!
Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a commission if you make a purchase through a link in this post.
Another good tip is to bake these on a wire rack so any additional moisture will drip down away from the fries. I use an oven safe cooling rack and place it in a foil lined baking sheet. This method works for me and keeps my oven clean at the same time <smile>
Don't you just want to grab one of those and dip it in the spicy Buffalo Caesar Dressing? It is soooo good! The dressing is ridiculously easy to make and pairs so nicely with these fries! Sure, these fries taste great plain or dipped in ketchup too, but why not be adventurous and try a new flavor combo?!! Go ahead! You only live once <wink>. This is one of my recipes that was published on allrecipes.com. Check it out! It's getting pretty good reviews too <smile>
Best Baked French Fries
- 4-6 red or Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Caesar Dressing (I used Marzetti)
- 1/3 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I used Moore's)
- 1/3 cup orange blossom honey
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place sliced potato wedges into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon sugar. Allow to sit for about 30 minutes until moisture is released. Drain and dry thoroughly.
- Combine 1/2 cup Caesar Dressing, 1/3 cup Buffalo Wing Sauce, and 1/3 cup orange blossom honey. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Toss dry potato wedges with seasonings to coat. Adjust the seasonings to your liking as needed. Feel free to let your imagination take over here and experiment with different seasonings!! Spray or drizzle on some olive oil and toss to coat. I spray the potatoes with the Misto Olive Oil Sprayer. It works really well, and I end up using less.
- Spray the wire rack and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Place prepared potato wedges on the rack in a single layer, leaving space between each wedge.
- Bake in oven for about 20-30 minutes until browned and crisped to your liking. Cooking time will vary depending on how thick or thin you sliced the potatoes, so please keep that in mind. Give them a taste and add more seasonings as needed. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Baked, French Fries, Healthy, Sauce, Buffalo Wing, Caesar Dressing, Side, Appetizer, Snack, potato
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin, and Google Plus