Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is like eating Buffalo Wings but the bun keeps your hands clean! How great is that?!
Another great thing about eating your wings in sandwich form is being able to add different layers of flavors such as arugula like I used on my sandwich!
I just love the addition of the arugula. It added a nice crunch which is essential in any respectable sandwich, but it also lends an extra level of spiciness that was just right!
We're not huge fans of bleu cheese, so when we eat buffalo wings, we like to dip them in ranch dressing. Yep, we're weird like that, so I used ranch dressing on this sandwich. It was perfect to bring the coolness and oh so yummy, but I'm sure if you love bleu cheese that would work well too!
Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a commission if you make a purchase through a link in this post.
Check out that fancy text on the picture! Isn't that awesome? Madison did that for me and added my logo too! I just sent her the picture and said "do your thing!" I may be just a little biased, but she's so talented <smile>. It looks like something you'd see on an ad for a restaurant!! Madison is still in college, but she does do this stuff for a living, so if you are in need of an amazing graphic designer just let me know. I can hook you up!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 6 buns - I used potato rolls for hamburgers
- Tomatoes, sliced thinly
- Onions, sliced thinly
- Ranch Dressing
- Heat an outdoor grill or a grill pan to 375 degrees F. I used my grill pan, so the directions will say grill pan from here on out, but it is pretty much the same for an outdoor grill. Combine 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon chili powder. Mix the seasonings together to combine and sprinkle on both sides of each chicken breast to coat. Spray the chicken breast with olive oil or drizzle on. I use the Misto Olive Oil Sprayer. It works great!
- Lightly spray the heated grill/grill pan with olive oil and place chicken breast in the grill pan and cover. Let them do their thing for 5 minutes without interruption. You want to let them sear nicely without moving them around. Set the timer! Then flip them over and cook, covered, another 5-6 minutes until the juices run clear and they are cooked to 160 degrees F. and no longer pink inside. Use an instant read thermometer to check the temperature for safety. Remove from grill pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter and combine with 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Give it a taste and add salt as needed. It will be spicy, but I recommend giving this a try before adjusting the heat as the dressing will help cool it down a bit.
- Spray inside of buns with olive oil and toast under the broiler until golden brown.
- Get your buns, arugula, tomatoes, onions and ranch dressing ready to assemble. Place augula on bun bottoms as much or as little as you like. Dip the chicken in the hot sauce, allowing excess to drip off just a bit and place each chicken breast on top of arugula and top with ranch dressing, tomato slices, and onion slices. Place the bun top on and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Buffalo, Chicken, Sandwich, Grilled, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, Spicy, vegetables, Ranch Dressing, buns, Buffalo Wings
recipe inspired by: Rachel Ray's Hot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches