I found this Lime Tart recipe on Yahoo! Food. It claimed to be "The Easiest Dessert You're Not Making" It sounded too good to be true, so I had to try it. Plus, I just really wanted a Lime Tart, and if it's so easy to make then why not?!Can you believe it? It's true! This really is the easiest dessert recipe I wasn't making, but no more! I'll be making this many times over. The taste is spot on delicious!! The sweet and tangy lime filling paired splendidly with the buttery graham cracker crust. Yahoo! Food never disappoints!
Although the recipe is for one whole tart, I made it into 7 tartlets and topped each with homemade whipped topping. As a personal preference, I did not pre-bake the crust, I just poured the lime filling right on top of the unbaked graham cracker crust and then baked for 17 minutes. They turned out perfectly!
I recommend making this impressive dessert for your next gathering just to hear everyone tell you how amazing you are! It's good for the soul <wink>.
I just love Yahoo! Food. It has become a very trusted resource for me to find inspiration when I'm planning our meals. They have brought together an all-star team of editors and have also partnered with some of the best publishers in the business to share their expertise and ideas, so I can feel confident I am spending my time wisely when I visit the site.
Lime Tartlet - The Easiest Dessert Recipe You Aren't Making...
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (about 1 1/2 cups finely ground crumbs)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted, softened butter
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream toppping
- lime zest for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In the bowl of a food processor, process graham crackers and 1/3 cup sugar until crushed into fine crumbs. Add 6 tablespoons melted butter. Process until combined. Transfer mixture to a mini tart pans with removable bottoms (6-8 tart pans) or a 9" tart pan with removable bottom. Pat the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up sides of each mini tart. Reserve until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, combine 14 ounces condensed milk, 3/4 cup lime juice, 4 large egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, and pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth. Pour mixture into tart pans until almost full. Bake in until filling is set around edge but still slightly loose in center, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely at room temperature; then refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Top with whipped cream & garnish with lime zest. Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Lime Tart, Fruit, Crust, Dessert, Easy recipe, Food, Graham Crackers, Lime Tartlet, Party, Tart, Yahoo Food
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | InstagramI was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Looking for more refreshing dessert recipes? Here are just a few of our faves... (click on the photo for the recipe)