The heat just kind of sits there in your cheeks for a bit as a reminder you just ate something delicious. I like that! Pair my Honey Glazed Spicy Chicken Thighs with my Macaroni Salad recipe for a delicious summer dinner.
I also like the subtle sweetness from the honey. I like me a sweet heat and this chicken recipe delivers! Because it is made with boneless chicken thighs it only takes about 12 minutes to cook and who doesn't like that?!! I cooked these under the broiler for easy clean-up, but they would be amazing on the grill! Or in the grill pan if you're like me and live in FL where you need to breath air conditioned oxygen to survive.
If you are feeding just the two of you (like me!) or a crowd of people at a summer party, you really can't go wrong with chicken thighs. The dark meat is going to be more tender and juicy than a chicken breast, and you'll save lots of dough too!! Chicken thighs are much more economical. They are just better all around IMHO. I have jumped on the chicken thigh bandwagon lately, haven't I?! You are probably getting tired of hearing about 'em, but just like shoes, you really can't have too many chicken thigh recipes! It's true! If you are looking for more ideas check out my Baked Apricot Chicken, Easy Grilled Chicken Thighs, and Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs.
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Honey Glazed Spicy Chicken Thighs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons clover honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- cooking spray
- If you are cooking this under the broiler go ahead preheat the broiler on high. I also like to line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. If I don't have a heavy duty foil, then I double line it with the regular stuff. That will keep your pan clean and tidy! Spray the pan with cooking spray and you are ready to go. I like to use the Misto Sprayer filled with olive oil, but any regular old cooking spray will work.
- In a good sized bowl combine 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. Mix well to distribute evenly. Throw the chicken in the bowl and toss to coat each chicken piece with the spicy goodness of the rub. Place the coated chicken pieces in a single layer on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the middle oven rack under the broiler. Remember when broiling to leave the oven door ajar and set the timer for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and broil 5 minutes more.
- While the chicken is broiling, combine 3 tablespoons clover honey with 1 teaspoon cider vinegar and mix well. The honey will dissolve. When the chicken is done, brush 1/2 the honey mixture on one side and broil another minute. Flip the chicken over and brush the remaining honey mixture on the other side and broil a minute longer or until cooked through. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 17 mins.
Tags: Chicken, Thighs, Main, Summer, BBQ, Party, Spicy, Rub, Honey, Sweet Heat
recipe source: MyRecipes Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
Follow Life Tastes Good's board Life Tastes Good: Poultry on Pinterest.