Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs


I'm not a huge fan of chicken. I prefer pork or steak, but I threw this recipe together one night while I was visiting my sister because she had the chicken thighs on hand, and I wanted to try to use up the fresh herbs I had purchased. Everyone really enjoyed this, even ME! There was nothing left! The poor dogs were so sad - all 4 of them!! 



I knew Don would really enjoy these, so I made it again when I got home. Chicken thighs are great - they are so flavorful, easy to cook, and best of all they are inexpensive! You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe (won't require as much cook time), but the bone-in and skin-on thighs will have more flavor and you'll pay less for all that flavor too - you can't beat that!!


Ingredients
12 Chicken Thighs with Skin and Bones
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions
Combine 1/3 cup basil, 1/3 cup cilantro, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 tablespoon garlic, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce, 1.5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1.5 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl and mix thoroughly.  Place chicken in a large container and spread marinade over chicken, being sure to coat each piece. Marinate for several hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Sear the thighs on a mid-high grill for about 3 minutes each side. If using a grill pan (I like this one Aroma Housewares Super Pot with Grill Plate, White/Black) , heat to 350 degrees and sear about 3 minutes on each side. Place seared chicken in a double foil lined 13x9" dish and bake for 20-30 minutes until instant read thermometer reads 160-165 degrees F. When chicken is up to temp, let rest for 10 minutes.



These are great served with Garlic and Parmesan Orzo with Fresh Veggies



recipe inspired by: Thai Grilled Chicken Thighs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >