I've said it before, but it is worth saying again - Chicken Thighs are where it's at!! The dark meat of the chicken thigh is much more flavorful, tender, and juicy than a chicken breast! AND they are less expensive too! Winner Winner Chicken Thigh Dinner!!
This chicken even made great leftover sandwiches. I topped some slider buns I had on hand with caramelized onions and some leftover spicy ranch dressing from my Spicy Chicken Pasta Recipe and we had yummy sandwiches with baked sweet potato fries for dinner! When in doubt add caramelized onions and you'll always have a winning sandwich!
Easy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 3/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper. With seeds for more heat or leave 'em out if you're not in a spicy mood
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking Spray
- Heat a Grill Pan to 375 degrees F (mid-high heat).
- Combine 3/4 cup minced red onion, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper, 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice, 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking. When you have the rub just the way you want it, add the chicken and mix well to coat it evenly.
- Spray the hot Grill Pan with cooking spray. I use the Misto Olive Oil Sprayer . Add about 3 or 4 pieces of chicken to the pan - whatever fits without crowding. Grill for 4 minutes without moving! Set the timer and leave it alone! Then flip and grill for 6 more minutes on the other side. Once again, let it be so it can get nice and crispy grilled! Remove to a serving plate and continue with the rest of the chicken in the same manner until all chicken is thoroughly cooked. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: Chicken, dinner, easy, Grilled, spicy, thighs, under 30 minutes
recipe inspired by Jamaican-Spiced Chicken Thighs