Baked Apricot Chicken - Do you love chicken thighs? I used to turn my nose up to dark meat, but now it's my fave!! I especially love how affordable they are! If being married to Don has taught me anything in the past 24 years, it has taught me to save money where and when I can!!
Not only are chicken thighs a less expensive cut, but they are juicy and more flavorful too! I prefer to buy them with the skin and bones as that adds even more flavor!
This recipe for Baked Apricot Chicken is bursting with deliciousness! The sweetness from the apricot preserves mixed with the tangy Catalina dressing is a perfect combo! With just 4 ingredients, it is super easy to make too!!
Serve this up with a salad and you have an economical, delicious dinner the whole family will LOVE!
Baked Apricot Chicken
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together 1 cup apricot preserves, 1 cup Catalina dressing, and 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix.
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with heavy duty foil, or double line the pan with regular foil. Place chicken pieces skin side down in foil lined dish and pour apricot mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 90 minutes.
- Flip chicken over so the skin side is up and turn the broiler on high. Broil for 3-5 minutes until skin is as crispy as you like it! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 95 mins.
We enjoyed this with a salad topped with homemade Creamy Italian Salad Dressing. Make this dressing up early in the day or even a day or two ahead of time. It's delicious and best of all you know what's in it!!
recipe source: allrecipes.com Baked Apricot Chicken