Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
The #SundaySupper Tastemakers got creative with burgers and dogs this week to celebrate National Hot Dog Month. Did you know July is National Hot Dog Month? It's true! We couldn't resist cooking up some tasty recipes using good ol' hamburgers and/or hot dogs! We included burgers because burgers and dogs go together like peas and carrots. We can't have one without the other <wink>.
Scroll down past my recipe for a full list of the #SundaySupper burger and dog recipes to enjoy before summer fades away! Thanks goes out to Christie, of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, for all of her hard work in making this event possible.
The 80/20 lean burger meat to fat ratio makes for a tasty burger that doesn't dry out. Remember fat = flavor so if you go for a leaner meat you will compromise flavor and texture.
Using ground chuck along with fresh ingredients in this Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger recipe imparts bold flavors that satisfy your taste buds and leave you wanting more! The fresh cilantro and lime flavors really shine through in the burger and pairs beautifully with my Simple Guacamole recipe. This flavor combo is a nice change of pace from the simple burger, so I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger
- Simple Guacamole Recipe
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Tomato, sliced
- Make the Simple Guacamole Recipe per the directions when you click on the link in the ingredient list. Cover and place in fridge until ready to use.
- Heat a Cast-Iron Skillet over mid-high heat (or prepare an outside grill to mid-high heat).
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 pound ground chuck, juice of 1/2 a lime, 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 cup diced onion, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper. Mix well and form into 4 patties.
- Place the patties in the heated skillet in a single layer and let sit for 3-4 minutes until they get a nice sear. Once seared nicely, turn over and sear another 3-4 minutes until cooked thoroughly. Juices will run clear when cooked through. Top each patty with a slice of cheddar cheese and allow to melt.
- Toast buns under the broiler in the oven until slightly browned. Serve burgers on toasted buns with tomatoes and as much Simple Guacamole as you like. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Allrecipes Guacamole Cilantro Lime Burger
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog