Balsamic Burgers are grilled to juicy perfection while basting with a sweet and tangy balsamic glaze, and topped with tasty tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, as well as creamy mozzarella cheese for an Italian inspired burger I could eat every day!
Happy Father's Day! Our #SundaySupper family has partnered with the Certified Angus Beef® brand to share summertime grilling recipes this week. Be sure to visit each of the #SundaySupper websites for more tasty recipes, and follow the Certified Angus Beef® brand Summer Grilling Pinterest board. You are sure to find something tasty to make Dad's day even more special!
I may have mentioned once or twice my favorite recipes are the simple ones using fresh, quality ingredients. That is why I love this burger recipe so much! These burgers are made with high quality Certified Angus Beef® ground chuck and basted with an easy-to-make balsamic glaze. By adding fresh toppings of tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella we are maximizing flavor for full-blown burger nirvana! I love, love, love the flavors on this burger. The fresh and classic taste of an Italian Caprese salad fused with an American favorite from the grill is a match made in foodie heaven. You have got to try this burger, y'all!
Not only are these juicy burgers delicious, but they are colorful and pretty too. Did you know the simple Italian Caprese salad was made to resemble the Italian flag? The green, white, and red of the fresh basil, mozzarella, and tomatoes match perfectly to the colors of the Italian flag. That's just a little trivia for you in case you're ever on Jeopardy. You're welcome <wink>.
Although, all of the flavors in this juicy burger combine to create something amazing, the Certified Angus Beef® is really the star of the show. It's true! The Certified Angus Beef® brand defines the standard by which all beef is measured. The best of the best packed with flavor and always tender and juicy!
The Certified Angus Beef® brand is the ONLY Angus beef brand that has been around since 1978. It is more selective than USDA Choice and Prime, as each cut must meet TEN (10) exacting standards of quality to earn the title of Certified Angus Beef® brand, thus ensuring the best quality in every cut.
Whenever I want to grill up something special, I make a trip to my favorite meat market, Petty's, as they only carry quality ingredients. If you aren't sure where to find the Certified Angus Beef® brand, no worries, check out this handy locator for retailers and restaurants near you. When in doubt, always look for the Certified Angus Beef® brand logo...
Join me in following the Certified Angus Beef® brand on social media
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb Certified Angus Beef® Ground Chuck
- 1/3 cup white mushrooms minced
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Sliced fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Fire up the grill for a mid-high heat. While the grill is heating up make the balsamic glaze by mixing 2 cups balsamic vinegar with 1/2 cup brown sugar (a sugar substitute like Swerve works well too if you prefer) in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a boil while stirring and then reduce heat to low and simmer until the glaze is reduced by half. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes. When the glaze is ready it should coat the back of a spoon and taste deliciously sweet and tangy. Set aside until ready to use.
- While the glaze is simmering, in a bowl combine 1 lb ground chuck, 1/3 cup mushrooms, 1/2 tablespoon garlic, 1/4 cup minced onion, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1/4 cup almond flour, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and a 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix everything until well combined and form into 4 hamburger patties.
- When the grill is ready, place the patties over mid-high heat and cook, undisturbed for about 5 minutes until the patties have a nice sear on one side. Flip the burgers and cook about 5 minutes again until the 2nd side forms a nice crispy sear. During the last minute or so of cooking I baste each burger with the balsamic glaze and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Continue to cook until the cheese melts and the burgers are cooked through. Keep in mind the cook time will vary depending on how thick or thin you formed the patties, so adjust the times as needed. Cook until the juices run clear.
- To assemble the burgers, top each bun with a cheeseburger patty and add fresh basil leaves, sliced tomatoes and another drizzle of balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: Balsamic Burgers, Grilled, Balsamic Glaze, Fresh Ingredients, Italian, American, Certified Angus Beef, #SundaySupper, Father's Day, Summer
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Be sure to visit all of the #SundaySupper websites for more summer grilling inspiration featuring Certified Angus Beef®:
- Grilled Sirloin Steak with Corn Tomato and Avocado Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Grilled Steak Crostini with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Nicaraguan Style Steak Skewers with Chimichurri by Curious Cuisiniere
- Bacon Wrapped Balsamic Marinated Sirloin Filet by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Balsamic Burgers by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Bourbon Caramelized Onion and Blue Burgers by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Brisket Grinder with Smoked Peppers and Caramelized Onions by Whole Food | Real Families
- Caprese Grilled Filet Mignon by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chile-Rubbed Strip Steaks with Chunky Tomato-Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cocoa & Coffee Rubbed Beef Kabobs with Roasted Corn Salad by I'm Not the Nanny
- Deliciously Drunken Marinated Steak by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Garlic Ginger Soy Grilled Angus Beef Steak by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Bacon & Onion Ribeye Steak Sliders with Beer Cheese by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Roasted Jalapeno Chimichurri by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Steak Salad by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Butter by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sirloin Caesar Salad by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Steak & Quinoa Protein Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Taco Burgers by Alida's Kitchen
- 5 Summer Grilling Tips for Fruit by Sunday Supper Movement