Disclosure:Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Sunday SupperOctober is National Pizza Month. The #SundaySupper Tastemakers couldn't let this National event pass us by! Today we are sharing our Best Pizza Recipes so you can celebrate National Pizza Month with a different homemade pizza every day...twice even! Get your pinning fingers ready and scroll down past my Meatball Sub Pizza recipe to see the entire list of creatively delicious pizza recipes. Thanks goes out to Coleen of The Redhead Baker for making this event possible.
We LOVE pizza! Especially homemade pizza with creative toppings like my Chicken Parmesan Pizza that tastes like Chicken Parmesan only better because it's pizza! Or my Spinach Artichoke Pizza you'll swear is just like your favorite dip recipe, and the ever popular Cheeseburger Pizza that even has pickles on top with ketchup and mustard! Who would have thought pickles would be so delicious on a pizza?! If you want to try a slightly spicier pizza, I recommend my Jambalaya Pizza recipe. Who says you have to have Jambalaya in a bowl?! As you can see, Don and I are always putting our favorite flavor combos on pizza dough.
Recipe Prep Tips
- Enjoy Spaghetti and Meatballs first by making my homemade Red Sauce and Easy Meatballs. The sauce recipe is very easy to make and simmers all day in a slow cooker for best results. The meatball recipe uses fresh ingredients to maximize flavor and cooks in the oven for easy cleanup.
- Purchase your favorite pizza dough from your local grocery store or even from your favorite pizzeria. The Publix Bakery makes a delicious pizza dough and they even sell it already rolled out! Totally worth the few extra pennies!
- I cook the dough just until it starts to brown very slightly and then I top it with 1 cup of Red Sauce. I caution you not to use too much sauce or the pizza could end up soggy. You can always serve a little sauce on the side for dipping if you like.
- Cut the meatballs in half so they aren't too bulky on the pizza. It also helps to stretch them. I use about 12-15 meatballs sliced in half when I make this pizza, but how many you use will depend on how closely you arrange them.
- I use 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. You can use more or less depending on how cheesy you like your pizza. I've found a cup works best for our tastes.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Meatball Sub Pizza
This incredibly tasty and easy recipe for my Meatball Sub Pizza is even better than the traditional sandwich!
- 16 ounce Pizza Dough
- 1 cup Life Tastes Good's Red Sauce Recipe (or your favorite jarred sauce if you prefer)
- 12-15 Life Tastes Good's Easy Meatballs Recipe, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Spray 16" pizza tray with cooking spray. Roll out dough into 16" round and place dough on pizza tray. I like to let it set out for about an hour to rise a little before baking, but you can bake right away if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake pizza dough in the oven for 8-10 minutes until it just starts to brown lightly.
- Remove the dough from the oven and top with 1 cup Red Sauce and spread it around to cover the dough. Top the sauce with the halved meatballs and sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted nicely and the crust is toasted to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with freshly chopped basil leaves. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica's Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline's Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO's Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma's Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket's Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom's Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy's Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory