This week the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are bringing you party food that is easily served to a group and eaten on laps while enjoying the big game. A big thank you goes out to our amazing host, T.R. of Gluten Free Crumbley, who made this event happen!
One of our favorite foods is homemade pizza!! I love how versatile pizza is. Just about anything you dream up can be put on top of a pizza. Some of our faves include Chicken Parmesan Pizza, Spinach Artichoke Pizza, and even an Eggs Benedict Breakfast Pizza! You name it! We'll make a pizza out of it <smile>.
One night we were enjoying big, juicy cheeseburgers for dinner when Don said, "I bet this would be good as a pizza!" Clearly we always have pizza on our minds! It wasn't long after, our Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe was born!
With a freshly baked crust, fresh tomatoes, fresh spinach, ground beef, onions, and yes, even homemade pickles, this pizza is quite tasty as is, but for a real cheeseburger pizza experience, I recommend squirting on some mustard and ketchup. I know that sounds weird, but it works!
And if you like bacon cheeseburgers (who doesn't?), sprinkle on some cooked bacon pieces too!
This pizza is super easy to make, especially if you have a good source for fresh pizza dough. If you have a Publix near you and haven't tried the pizza dough from the bakery, you are truly missing out! If you don't live near a Publix, try reaching out to your favorite pizza shop. Many will sell you the pizza dough to use at home.
Spray a large pizza pan with cooking spray, and roll the dough out to a 16" circle. Place the dough on the pizza tray and let rise for an hour or so.
When ready to make the pizza, preheat the oven to 400°F and brush the dough with garlic butter. Using a fork, poke holes all over dough. Pop it in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until it is lightly toasted.
While the crust is baking, heat a skillet over mid-high heat and brown 1/2 lb of ground chuck. To get a lite crust on the meat, just plop it in the pan and let it sit for about 3-4 minutes to sear. Once it has a nice sear on one side, season it with salt and pepper and break it up into little pieces. Reduce the heat to mid-low and add 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1/2 tablespoon of freshly minced garlic. Continue to break up the meat until it is cooked through and the vegetables are softened. Give it a taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Remove from heat and add 3 ounces of spinach to the meat mixture. Stir to combine. The spinach will wilt slightly. Set aside until ready to use.
Top the pizza crust with sliced tomatoes...
the meat mixture and some sliced onions...
Add some pickles and sprinkle on a cup of cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese blend.
Place the pizza in the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is baked to your liking.
Serve this pizza with ketchup, mustard, and some napkins too. Enjoy!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Cheeseburger Pizza Recipe
- 16 ounce pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 of a small yellow onion)
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 3 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced (or more as needed)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Homemade Bread and Butter Pickles (or your favorite brand)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese blend
- Spray a 16" pizza tray with cooking spray. Roll out pizza dough to 16" round and place on pizza tray. Set aside for about an hour to rise.
- When ready to bake crust, preheat oven to 400°F. In a small dish, combine 1 tablespoon unsalted butter with 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic and a pinch of salt. Heat in the microwave until melted. Stir and brush on pizza dough. Using a fork, poke holes all over dough. Bake dough in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- While the crust is baking, heat a skillet over mid-high heat and brown 1/2 lb of ground chuck. To get a lite crust on the meat, just plop it in the pan and let it sit for about 3-4 minutes to sear. Once it has a nice sear on one side, season it with salt and pepper and break it up into little pieces. Reduce the heat to mid-low and add 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1/2 tablespoon of freshly minced garlic. Continue to break up the meat until it is cooked through and the vegetables are softened. Give it a taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add 3 ounces of fresh spinach to the meat mixture. Stir to combine. The spinach will wilt slightly. Set aside until ready to use.
- When the crust is slightly browned, remove it from the oven and top it with sliced tomatoes, the meat mixture, and sliced onions.
- Top with pickles and sprinkle on a cup of cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese blend.
- Place the pizza in the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is baked to your liking.
- Serve this pizza with ketchup, mustard, and some napkins too. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Cheeseburger Pizza, Recipe, Pizza, Crust, Football, Party, Food, Cheeseburger, Cheese, Easy Recipe
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.