Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad is a twist on the traditional Caprese Salad. Instead of tomatoes, I used sweet Florida strawberries for a refreshing change to this classic flavor combo!
Today, the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are partnering with the Florida Strawberry Growers Association to kick off the new year with fresh strawberries! We are sharing our favorite strawberry recipes to get the new year started deliciously! Be sure to scroll down past my recipe to visit all of the #SundaySupper recipes.
Did you know Florida strawberries are harvested in the winter? It's true. You can enjoy the taste of summer all winter long, regardless of the weather outside! Florida strawberries are available from December through April and they are the sweetest, most delicious strawberries I've ever had!
Not only do these beautiful berries taste great, they are packed full of good-for-you stuff. Loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants, fresh from Florida strawberries make it easy to add flavor and nutrition to all of your favorite recipes.
I live in Florida, so fresh Florida strawberries are a staple in our home. They are always exceptionally sweet, and my first pound of strawberries this year did not disappoint. I bit into my first plump, red berry of the season and it delivered a luscious sweetness, so much so, I couldn't help but close my eyes to savor the goodness. This berry was good all on its own, but I was getting ready to put together my Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad, and a fresh batch of balsamic glaze was sitting right there in front of me. I could not resist dipping that sweet, sweet berry in the tangy glaze and it was glorious...
I easily could have stood there dipping and eating all those strawberries until they were gone, but thank goodness I restrained myself! I needed the strawberries to make this stunning Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad. What a wonderful flavor combo in this salad!
The fresh strawberries, basil, and mozzarella combined with the pasta and drizzled with a tangy balsamic glaze made a refreshing light lunch for me and the perfect side salad for my husband with his favorite BLT sandwich.
Now that you know strawberries are available from Florida all winter long, how will you bring the taste of summer into your home?
Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces Orecchiette pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 pound fresh from Florida Strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved
- 4 ounces Mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- Balsamic Glaze (Click here for my homemade recipe)
- kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain, reserving a little of the pasta liquid. Rinse the pasta under cold water and chill in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Remove the pasta from the freezer and place in serving dish. Toss with a little of the pasta water.
- Top the pasta with fresh strawberries, 4 ounces of Mozzarella pearls, and 1/2 cup fresh basil chiffonade. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Give it a taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve with extra balsamic glaze. NOTE: I make my own balsamic glaze, but you can purchase it already made for you. If you purchase it, be sure to look at the ingredients. I recommend buying one that has just balsamic vinegar and sugar listed for best results. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad, Florida Strawberry, Strawberries, Fresh Fruit, Pasta, Basil, Cheese, New Year, Healthy, Salad, Italian
Show us your Strawberries photo contest
presented by Sunday Supper and Florida Strawberries
- Share a photo on Instagram featuring a strawberry using the hashtag #FLStrawberry and you could win a $100, $50, or $25 gift card
- Contest runs from 12/27/15 – 01/17/16
- Winners will be chosen at random and announced during the LIVE #SundaySupper Twitter Party 01/17/16
- Must be a US resident 18 years of age or older
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram
- Click here for complete rules
- Crispy Strawberry and Brie Bites by Ruffles & Truffles
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Flatbread by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Basil Goat Cheese Ball by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Avocado Smoothie by An Appealing Plan
- Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Parfait by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Balsamic Frittata by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Strawberry Bread by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake by Recipe for Perfection
- Strawberry French Toast Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Guacamole & Bacon Toast by I’m Not the Nanny
- Strawberry-Poppyseed Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Casa de Crews
- Venison Street Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberry Brie Flatbread Salad by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Caprese Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Balsamic Pork Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy One Pot Chicken Strawberry Paella by Food Done Light
- Pecan Chicken with Strawberry Chipotle Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Quinoa with Salmon and Strawberries by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry BBQ Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Risotto by Magnolia Days
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.