Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze is a sweet and tangy treat that is easy to make and versatile too!
Dipping fresh strawberries into the thick, rich, tangy balsamic glaze gives your taste buds a fun balance of sweet and tart. With less than 50 calories in 1 cup of fresh strawberries, it makes for a smart dessert or snack too. I love how easy it is to add flavor and nutrition to your life with fresh strawberries, and because Florida strawberries are available all winter long, you don't have to wait until summer to enjoy their sweet deliciousness!
In addition to being relatively low in sugar and calories, fresh strawberries are also a good source of vitamin C. It's true! Just 8 medium strawberries equal your daily requirement of vitamin C! Your entire day's requirement!! What a delicious way to ensure you are getting this important nutrient! Click here for 10 more reasons to eat strawberries by my friend Strawberry Sue.
This weekend the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are in the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World, Plant City, FL, with the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. We are staying at the Epicurean Hotel, a foodie dream destination that focuses on great food and wine, and we'll be dining at some of Tampa's finest restaurants such as Cask Social Kitchen, Ava, Elevage Restaurant, Edge, and Bern's Steak House.
In addition to all the amazing food and wine, we are also touring strawberry farms to learn everything there is to know about growing strawberries in Florida. Because we are all about fresh strawberries this weekend, the #SundaySupper Tastemakers developed a variety of recipes to share today! Scroll down past my recipe to visit all of the scrumptious strawberry recipes. You'll be able to plan a strawberry feast with all the different recipes!
Join me in following Florida Strawberry and Strawberry Sue on
Strawberry Sue on Twitter | Strawberry Sue on YouTubeStir until sugar is dissolved and glaze thickens. Give it a taste and adjust as needed to suit your tastes. Allow to cool. The glaze will thicken even more as it cools and become a thick, rich and tangy glaze that is hard to resist. Grab a handful of strawberries and enjoy!
If you haven't already done so, add fresh Florida strawberries to your grocery list and make up some of this sweet and tangy balsamic glaze for dipping! Balsamic Glaze is super easy to make and great to have on hand. It is the perfect compliment to sweet strawberries and also makes a great glaze for beef, chicken, and pork too!
Another tasty use for balsamic glaze is to drizzle over vanilla ice cream and top with fresh strawberries, of course. Sweet or savory, this glaze goes with just about everything!
I reduce the vinegar first before adding the sugar, so to get this glaze started pour 1 cup balsamic vinegar into a small skillet. I like to use a skillet to spread the vinegar out more over the heat source. This helps to make quick work of reducing the vinegar.
Heat the vinegar over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until it is reduced by about half and then add in 1/2 cup of sugar and a pinch of kosher salt.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- Fresh Florida Strawberries
- Pour 1 cup balsamic vinegar into a small skillet set over medium heat. I like to use a skillet to spread the vinegar out more over the heat source. This helps to make quick work of reducing the vinegar.
- Heat the vinegar over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until it is reduced by about half and then add in 1/2 cup of sugar and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and glaze thickens. Give it a taste and adjust as needed to suit your tastes. Allow to cool. The glaze will thicken even more as it cools and become a thick, rich and tangy glaze that is hard to resist.
- Dip strawberries in glaze and enjoy!
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: Strawberries, Balsamic Glaze, Balsamic Reduction, Dipping Sauce, Fresh, Fruit, Florida, Strawberry, Easy Recipe
- Strawberry Bee’s Knees by Go Epicurista
- Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancake) by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry Salsa 2-Ways by Midlife Road Trip
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by Momma’s Meals
- Sparkling Strawberry Salad by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Steak Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Brie Grilled Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Savory Balsamic Roasted Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese by Pass The Sushi
- Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Fraisier by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cheesecake by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This glaze goes great on my Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad
As well as my Caprese Sandwich Recipe