Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
The flavor combination in the Banh Mi Sandwich is one of my favorites! I love to experiment with these flavors and create new recipes such as my Banh Mi Hot Dogs. Recently, I found myself with a ton of leftover Beer Braised Pulled Pork. I wanted to use the pork to create new dinners for us to enjoy without feeling like we were eating the same thing over and over again the whole week!
Don suggested using it to make a Banh Mi wrap "just like the hot dogs", he said. I decided this was one of his genius moments! He has those every so often <smile>.
This Asian inspired recipe starts with flatbread slathered in a garlic chili mayo that wraps around tender, juicy Beer Braised Pulled Pork topped with tangy Pickled Vegetable Slaw, finely diced jalapeno peppers, and finished with fresh cilantro. Oh my yumminess! It is so good, y'all! The barbecue pork flavor blended nicely with the traditional Banh Mi flavors and even added a little more zing!
Using leftover pulled pork makes this a quick and easy recipe perfect for any night of the week. The Pickled Vegetable Slaw is easy to make too and the garlic chili mayo is a matter of mixing 2 extra ingredients with your store-bought mayo. I love to make up a big batch of pulled pork and feast on it all week long with easy recipes such as this, as well as my recipes for Pulled Pork Cuban Sandwiches (click for recipe)
and Pulled Pork Pizza (recipe coming soon). Click here to join my mailing list so you don't miss it!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Pulled Pork Banh Mi
- 4 flat bread or flour tortilla wraps
- 1/2 cup of your favorite mayonnaise (I use Blue Plate)
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet and sour sauce
- 1 cup (or to taste) Beer Braised Pulled Pork, heated through (click here for the recipe)
- 1 cup (or to taste) Pickled Vegetable Slaw (click here for the recipe)
- 2 tablespoons (or to taste) freshly diced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons (or to taste) freshly chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt as needed to suit your tastes
- Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic and 1 teaspoon sweet and sour sauce until combined. Give it a taste and add a pinch of salt as needed. Adjust the flavors to your liking by adding more sweet and sour sauce or garlic.
- Heat the flatbread slightly.I wrap it in a moistened paper towel and heat it in the microwave for about 15 seconds or so. This helps it to be a little more foldable.
- Spread the garlic chili mayo over each flatbread. I'm pretty generous with this delicious mayo, but use it as much or as little as you like. You can always add more if needed.
- Top each flatbread with about 1/4 cup of warmed Beer Braised Pulled Pork.
- On each flatbread, top the pulled pork with about 1/4 cup of pickled vegetable slaw and sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of freshly diced jalapenos and 1/2 tablespoon of freshly chopped cilantro. Fold and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Tags: Pulled Pork Banh Mi, Wrap, Sandwich, Asian, Vietnamese, French, Leftovers, Dinner, Spicy, Sweet