Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
My husband has developed quite the sweet tooth in these later years of our marriage. Way back when we were newlyweds in the BC years (before child), we rarely ate sweets. Occasionally I would make a batch of brownies, but that was few and far between. Fast forward twenty plus years and we can't get through the night without Don saying those familiar words "What do we have that's sweet to eat?"
So what happened?? Why this change? I'll tell ya why! Our daughter! You see we created a baker. Before she left us for higher education, she treated us to the most scrumptious baked goods all the time. This girl has quite a knack for baking too. You know how in baking you are supposed to measure everything precisely? Madison can get in the kitchen and whip something up by adding this or that and it always turns out delicious and beautiful! I don't know how she does it, but I do know she spoiled her dad!
I can bake, but I don't have Madison's instincts. Nevertheless, after she moved 5 hours away to pursue her dreams, it was clear I was going to be baking more to satisfy Don's sweet tooth. It's cool. I don't mind it. I make him things like his favorite cookies or his favorite cupcakes most of the time, but when the weather starts heating up I like to find no-bake ways to satisfy those cravings. This Lemon Mousse with Raspberry Sauce is the perfect solution. Not only does it make his sweet tooth happy, but it is easy to make and doesn't heat up the kitchen! The zesty lemon taste contrasts nicely with the crimson raspberry sauce and juicy blackberries to create a flavor combo that makes your taste buds sing a happy song!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Lemon Mousse with Raspberry Sauce
- 1 cup Luscious Lemon Curd
- 1 cup sugar free whipped topping (I used Cool Whip)
- 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Extra whipped topping and lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Make the Luscious Lemon Curd the day before and refrigerate until ready to use. It's really easy to make and only takes about 5 minutes, but it does need time to chill and stiffen.
- I recommend making the raspberry sauce the day before as well, but it can be made right before assembling if you prefer. To make the raspberry sauce put 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries in the bowl of a food processor with 1 tablespoon sugar. Pulse until they are combined and become saucy. You can also combine the raspberries and sugar by hand by mashing them together until saucy. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh strainer into a container to remove the seeds and pulp. This sounds like a tedious step, but it goes quickly and only takes about 3 minutes. It is totally worth it too. If you skip this step you are sure to get those annoying seeds stuck in your teeth - nobody wants that! I use a spoon to stir and press down on the raspberry mixture until I'm left with a dry clump of seeds and pulp. Discard the seeds and pulp. The sauce you strained is now ready to use. Store, covered, in the fridge up to 2 days.
- To make the Lemon Mousse, combine 1 cup sugar free whipped topping with 1 cup Luscious Lemon Curd. Mix to incorporate well. Give it a taste and add more lemon curd as desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble the dessert, divide the Lemon Mousse evenly between 4 serving dishes. Top with blackberries, Raspberry Sauce, and a dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with lemon zest if desired.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Tags: Dessert, Lemon Mousse, Raspberry Sauce, Lemon Curd, Easy, Blackberries, Whipped Cream, Gourmet, No-Bake, Zest
For more zesty lemon treats, visit Life Tastes Good's Sweets Page...