Philly Cheesesteak Dip is a new twist on that classic sandwich from the City of Brotherly Love! It is a cheesy dip loaded with flavorful beef, onions, peppers, and garlic too! I really can't get enough of this dip! I'm a bit obsessed!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff. All opinions are my own.
This dip is dangerously easy to make! You can throw it together and enjoy the beefy cheesy goodness in less than 15 minutes!! It doesn't get much easier than that, and this really does taste like a Philly Cheesesteak. Madison and I couldn't get enough of it! We didn't even save any for Don! We figure what he doesn't know won't hurt him, right? <wink>
To make this dip I used yet another cut of beef! Bottom Round Roast Beef from the deli was just the ticket for a delicious and easy to make appetizer that everyone will love! Why Bottom Round you ask? Because Bottom round is more flavorful than Top Round, and BONUS, it is less expensive too! Not only does using roast beef add loads of cheesesteak flavor, it is also what makes this dip so easy, and easy is just what this girl needs during the busy holiday season!
Since Madison has been home for winter break from college, she has been doing
This week my #SundaySupper family has partnered with The Beef Checkoff to bring you a variety of delicious beef recipes that are easy to make and perfect for your holiday entertaining. Be sure to scroll down and visit each one to see all the deliciousness we've cooked up for you today, and for even more #SundaySupper fun, don't forget to follow our Beef Pinterest board.
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Philly Cheesesteak Dip #SundaySupper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion (about 1/2 cup), minced (mince is chopped very small)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces garlic spread (Mine was from our deli, but Boursin Cheese Spread or Alouette would work nicely too)
- 1/2 pound Bottom Round Roast Beef, rare and sliced thinly and then cut into about 1/2" pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 french baguette, sliced
- Preheat broiler on High. In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add 1/2 cup diced onion, 1/4 cup red bell pepper, and 1/4 cup green bell pepper. Saute until the veggies soften. This should only be a minute or two as the vegetables should be very small.
- Add the 8 ounces of cream cheese and 4 ounces of garlic spread and stir until everything is combined nicely into a creamy spread. Add 1/2 pound roast beef pieces and stir to combine. Give it a taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Keep tasting and seasoning until you have it just right.
- Transfer the dip to an oven safe serving bowl and top with Provolone Cheese slices. Put it under the broiler until cheese is melted and a slightly browned. Be sure to watch it closely while under the broiler as it will brown quickly. Serve with the sliced baguette and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 12 mins.
Tags: Philly Cheesesteak, Dip, Beef, Vegetables, Cheese, Garlic Spread, Appetizer, Party, Holiday Season, #SundaySupper
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon by MealDiva
- Chipotle Beef Taco Bites by Feed Me, Seymour
- Mini Beef Wellingtons by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Pepper Steak in Wonton Cups by Flavor Mosaic
- Philly Cheesesteak Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Sausage, Egg and Cheese Roll Ups by Daily Dish Recipes
- Beef Tenderloin Benedict by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Fried Steak by kimchi MOM
- Potato Pancakes with Filet Mignon and Fried Eggs by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Steak and Egg Breakfast Braid by Curious Cuisiniere
- Awesome Avocado Steak Tacos by Cooking Chat
- Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cider Beef Stew by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak & Mushroom Pie by The Messy Baker
- Beef and Bean Enchilada Bake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Braised Beef Ravioli by Family Foodie
- Mom's Lasagna by Alida's Kitchen
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs by Casa de Crews
- Skillet Steak Fajitas by Crazy Foodie Stunts