Ribeye steaks were on sale, so I took advantage of that sale and came up with this tasty dinner that is super easy to make. You'll have this on the table in lightning speed and the fam will be beggin' for more!
Who can resist the sauteed mushrooms with onions and peppers combined with the pan-seared ribeye and cheeeeese?!! All atop a crispy french baguette with lots of creamilicious, yummy cheese. Did I mention the cheeeese?? It's irresistable! Is it good for you? Nope, it's not healthy at all, but go ahead and indulge once in a while. You only live once!! Make it tasty!
Of course, it's not an authentic Philly Cheesesteak! I know better than to make that claim! My mom is from Philly and Philadelphians have every right to be protective of their famous sandwich! Nothing can compare, but this casserole is still pretty darn tasty, so if you don't have plans to be in the City of Brotherly Love anytime soon, this will do! This just might be better than the Meatball Sub Casserole I made recently!
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 (8 ounce) French Baguette, sliced about 1
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lb Ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 8 slices American Cheese (or about 1 cup shredded)
- Garlic and herb Cheese Spread such as Alouette or Boursin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9" baking dish with cooking spray. Lightly coat one side of each piece of bread (sliced in 1" slices) with the garlic cheese spread (if desired - I definitely desire - yummm), and press bread slices into the bottom of the baking dish. Squeeze as many in as you can. Should be about 6 or 7 pieces, but whatever fits is fine. Top bread slices evenly with 4 slices of american cheese and bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is nice and melty.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over mid-high heat and add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to mid-low and cover for about 3-5 minutes until they start to sweat and soften.
- Add 1/2 thinly sliced red pepper, 1/2 thinly sliced green pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper to the skillet with the mushrooms. Saute, stirring occasionally, until veges are cooked to your liking and most of the liquid is dissolved. I have to have my peppers really soft so this took about 5-7 minutes for me.
- Top melted cheesy bread with veges and return the skillet to the heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in pan and add sliced ribeye. Salt and pepper and cook for about a minute or until done to your liking. I prefer to have the outside browned and still pink throughout as they will be cooking a little more in the oven.
- Add ribeye on top of the veges and top the whole dish evenly with 4 slices of american cheese. Bake in oven until the cheese is nice and melted, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: American Cheese, Casserole, Cheesesteak, French Bread, Vegetables, Philadelphia, Philly, Ribeye, Cheese Steak
You might want to try my recipe for Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks too!
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin, and Google Plus