You can feel good about packing this in lunch boxes for a tasty treat or having it ready for an after school snack!
This nutty granola is packed full of good-for-you-stuff and it tastes great too! I grab this for a snack and just keep snacking away! It's kind of addicting y'all! The sweet nutty goodness with the hint of maple is a satisfying flavor combo, and it's kind of chewy too so that keeps your mouth happy!
Back to School is the theme for this week's #SundaySupper event hosted by Tammi of Momma's Meals and Gwen of Simply Healthy Family. Be sure to scroll down and visit all the wonderful Back to School ideas the #SundaySupper team is sharing. Enjoy!
Granola makes a great gift too! When I was teaching (back in the day), one of the parents would always bring me a jar of her homemade granola. I loved it so much. It was so thoughtful knowing she went to the trouble of making this for me, and it was a delicious snack to have on hand. This granola recipe reminds me of that sweet parent and those memories always put a smile on my face!
Homemade granola is far better than any store bought granola I've tried. It's really easy to make and only takes about 30-40 minutes total. I love knowing all of the ingredients that go into my food. There isn't anything funny to mess up the wholesome flavors in this Nutty Granola recipe!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 4 cups rolled oats, 3/4 cup wheat germ, 3/4 cup oat bran, 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds, 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a large bowl. Mix it up well and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1/3 cup honey, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon, and 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract. Bring this mixture to a boil over mid-high heat and then pour over dry ingredients. Stir everything together well. You want the dry ingredients to be coated with the syrup mixture. Spread the mixture out evenly on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toasted. This will take about 20-30 minutes. Stir the mixture about 1/2 way through the cooking time. When nice and toasted, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in airtight containers and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
Tags: Granola, Nuts, Healthy, Wheat Germ, Oat Bran, Pistachios, Almonds, Snack, Appetizer, Back to School, Gift
recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Megan's Granola
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin, and Google Plus
I am LOVING all of these wonderful recipes from the #SundaySupper team! Great ideas for Back to School!
Back to School Beginnings Back to School Beginnings
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Muffins from Killer Bunnies
- Make Ahead Waffle Casserole from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Apple Muffins from Meal Diva
- Apple Oat Breakfast Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Toast Three Ways from Foxes Love Lemons
- Owl Bento Box from Simply Gourmet
- First Day of School Pinwheels from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Quick and Easy Hot Pastrami Sliders from Webicurean
- Grilled Chicken Revamp from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan from Hezzi D's Books and Cooks
- Chicken and Zucchinin Meatballs from Casa de Crews
- Clean Eating Lunches Your Kids will Love from Amee's Savory Dish
- Crispy Chicken Legs from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- DIY Veggie Cup Noodles from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Nuggets from Nosh my Way
- Skinny Spinach Mac and Cheese from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Chicken Schnitzle from Panning the Globe
- Berry Nutty Bento from Ninja Baking
- Spagetti and Chicken Meatballs from Soni's Food
- Chopped Shrimp Salad with Honey Lime Vinagraitte from The Weekend Gourmet
- Steak & Cheese Pockets from Momma's Meals
- Turkey Pinwheels from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Back to School Super Snacks
- Nutty Granola from Life Tastes Good
- On the Go Guacamole from Shannon at Country Girl in the Village
- Cinnamon Caramel Apple Energy Balls from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Playground Granola Bars from Noshing with the Nolands
- Apricot Dip from Magnolia Days
- Parmesan Garlic Oven Roasted Chick Peas from Ruffles and Truffles
- Home Made Graham Crackers from Curious Cuisiniere
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Apple Zucchini Flax Bread from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Beef and Veggie Sliders from Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn from Simply Healthy Family
- Frushi (Fruit Sushi) from Mama Bee Does
- Open Face PB & J Cookies from Desserts Required
- Berry Topped Chocolate Silk Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Paletas from La Cocina de Leslie
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Love Note Doodle Bugs from Happy Baking Days
- Frozen Yogurt Mud Pies from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Brown Butter Peanut Butter Crispy Treats from The Texan New Yorker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.