Disclosure:Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
This year I'm spending the holiday season with my daughter in California. She's just starting out and very busy with work, so she doesn't really get to bake too often, as a result, her kitchen isn't equipped for baking just yet. Because of that, I went in search of a super easy holiday cookie recipe. I hit the jackpot when I found these no bake Black Forest Cookies on BHG.com. With just 4 ingredients and no mixing or baking, this cookie was the clear winner!
I whipped these up in less than 10 minutes, y'all, and the taste is amazing! The soft chewy cookie topped with cherry preserves, a piping of cherry infused chocolate icing, and a cherry on top too, seems too good to be true, but trust me, it's not! Everyone will LOVE these holiday cookies, and I don't know about you, but I'm not telling anyone how easy these are to make! It's our secret <wink>
Recipe Prep Tips
- If you've been following Life Tastes Good, you know I'm not one to cheat in the kitchen, but sometimes you have to make do and that's what I did with this recipe. I purchased store bought, soft, chewy, chocolate cookies, chocolate frosting in a can, a jar of cherry preserves, and maraschino cherries with the stems to make this recipe.
- Lay out some parchment paper over your work surface for easy clean-up. If you're going to cheat with an easy recipe, you may as well make the clean-up easy too!
- Gather the ingredients to have ready and line the cookies up on the parchment paper and assemble by topping with cherry preserves, piping on the cherry infused icing and place a cherry on top. Easy peasy!
- This recipe is so easy, you really don't need a photo tutorial, but I had fun taking the pictures, so I decided to include them anyway <smile>. You'll find my step-by-step photos below the recipe.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Black Forest Cookies
All the chocolaty cherry goodness of a Black Forest Cake, without all the work! WINNER!!
- 10-12 soft chocolate cookies (I used Pepperidge Farm's)
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves (I used Smucker's Orchard's Finest)
- 16 ounce can chocolate frosting (I used Betty Croker's Hershey's)
- 10-12 Maraschino cherries with the stems
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper on the work surface. This is optional, but makes clean-up a breeze. Lay cookies out on parchment paper.
- Top each cookie with 1 teaspoon of cherry preserves.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of syrup from the maraschino cherries with the chocolate frosting and stir to combine. Spoon frosting into a decorator bag fitted with a large tip. Pipe frosting onto cookie as desired. Top each cookie with a maraschino cherry and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.