Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
We really love this soup recipe. The tortellini pasta and sausage makes it very hearty. This soup fills you up and keeps you satisfied all night long. It's also great leftover for lunch the next day or even as a repeat dinner later in the week, because sometimes you just don't feel like cooking and need to eat leftovers. AmIRight? When leftovers are this delicious, nobody complains!
Recipe Prep Tips:
- Have all your ingredients on hand. I like to go through the ingredient list and put everything on the counter where I'll be working before I get started. It's a good idea for recipes that move fast like this one.
- Slice the sausage into bite sized pieces and get that searing in the oil first. Have a plate ready to transfer the sausage to once it is seared.
- While the sausage is searing, it is a good time to mince the garlic and measure the wine and water and set the measuring cups near the stove-top to have ready to go. I also like to open the package of tortellini and spinach to have ready as well.
This recipe moves quickly but is so easy to make. I love being able to put a hearty meal on the table in just 30 minutes, and because it only uses one pot, the clean up is a breeze too! I like that!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Easy Tortellini Soup
Easy Tortellini Soup uses fresh ingredients to maximize flavor, but I also cheat using cooked sausage to save time. The soup makes a hearty and satisfying meal you can have on the table in under 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 12 ounce package Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced (I used Al Fresco)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 18-20 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/4 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- Heat Dutch oven with 1/2 tablespoon of oil and saute chicken sausage until seared on both sides.
- While the sausage is searing, mince the garlic. Once the sausage is nicely seared, remove from the pan and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the pan with 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic. Saute the garlic about 30 seconds and stir in 1/2 cup white wine, 6 cups water, and 2 tablespoons chicken base. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add 18-20 ounces cheese tortellini and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves and 1 1/4 cup freshly chopped tomatoes. Cook about 2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Return sausage to the soup and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage & Tortellini Soup