Disclosure:Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Sunday SupperThe #SundaySupper Tastemakers are coming at ya this week with ah-MAIZE-ing recipes! Was that corny? I'm all ears! heehee You've probably guessed by now we're all about corn this week! Scroll down past my recipe for a whole list of Summer Corn Recipes to enjoy before the season is over. Thanks goes out to Ellen, of Family Around the Table, for all of her hard work in making this event possible.
A Touch of HoneyWith the addition of honey, these cornbread muffins are slightly sweet. I do mean slightly. They are by no means as sweet as a northern style cornbread, but spread on some sweet, creamy butter and you are in for a real treat! My husband won't put butter on them and then complains they are not sweet enough. I just tell him to talk to the hand! These muffins are made for butter, so if you choose to eat them without, then you have to suffer the consequences. I'm all about the tough love haha
How do you like your cornbread?Southern style with a dense texture and almost no sweetness? or do you crave the sweeter cornbread of the north with a cake-like texture? If you aren't sure where you stand on cornbread politics, I recommend giving this recipe a try. It's neutral, like Switzerland <smile>. Just remember to slather on the butter, because this dense cake with a hint of honey is the perfect canvas for sweet, creamy, salted butter. Enjoy!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
My Honey Cornbread Muffins are a mix of both southern and northern cornbread variations. The texture leans towards a traditional southern cornbread, however, the flavor is slightly sweet adding that northern twist
- 1 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Honey Granules (I use Tate & Lyle Honey Granules. You can sub 1/2 cup white granulated sugar in place of the honey granules)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Butter, softened, for serving
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan by greasing just the bottoms of the muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup Honey Granules, 1 tablespoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Whisk to mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl or large measuring cup, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add 1 cup of milk and 1 egg. Whisk to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and gently mix until until just combined. Allow the mixture to sit, undisturbed, while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- When the oven is nearly up to temperature, use a medium scoop to fill each muffin cup 3/4 full with the cornbread muffin batter. Place the muffin pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops of the muffin bounces back when gently pressed. Allow to cool slightly in pan. Carefully run a butter knife around the edge of the muffins to loosen and remove to a wire rack. Serve warm with softened butter and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Honey Cornbread Muffins, Muffin, Honey, Sweet, Cornbread, Baking, Southern, Bread, Easy Recipe, Corn
Click on the photo check out my Skillet Cornbread Recipe. It has a crispy outside that is to die for!
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta by Monica's Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Griled Corn and Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline's Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.