Today the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are sharing Back-to-School recipes! Be sure to scroll down past my recipe where you'll find links to all of the wonderful Back-to-School ideas. A big thank you goes out to DB of Crazy Foodie Stunts and Caroline of Caroline's Cooking for making this event possible.
It feels strange that Madison won't be going 'back-to-school' this year. I am the proud mom of a college graduate who has moved on to start a new life with a real job!! Whatever will I do with myself this September without that trek to Savannah to move her furnishings from storage into the tiny dorm apartment?! Life as a mom is bittersweet and full of mixed emotions, but I think I can salvage my sadness by planning a trip to visit Madison in her new home <wink>.
For all of the parents out there sending the kiddos off to yet another year of learning, the #SundaySupper Back-To-School edition is filled with lots of great ideas. My Parmesan Crisps Recipe would be a welcome addition to any lunchbox. They are easy to make, light, cheesy, slightly crispy, and taste a little like those cheese crackers you get from a box, only way better! A healthier option to compliment just about any sandwich.
Because there is only 1 ingredient in this recipe, that one ingredient is very important. I encourage you to use a good quality Parmesan cheese that you grate yourself for best results. The grated cheese that comes in a can will not yield good results for this recipe.
To make these cheese crisps, preheat the oven to 400° and grate the fresh Parmesan cheese. Spoon the grated cheese onto a Silpat Mat. Make the cheese crisps as big or as small as you like. The size you spoon onto the mat will be what you get when they are cooked. I used 1 tablespoon of grated cheese to make these and they are approximately 3" in diameter.
Leave ample space (about 2") between each crisp on the Silpat Mat and gently press the cheese into a round. Bake in the preheated oven for about 4 to 5 minutes until golden and crisp.
Remove from the oven. Allow to cool and gently transfer to parchment paper...
I like to serve these with soup, but if you make them slightly smaller they work well with your favorite party dip, and they also make a great low carb snack. A better-for-you option to chips, so surprise the kiddos and send these cheese crisps for lunch.
Here I'm serving the Parmesan Crisps with my fresh Zucchini Soup. I will be sharing the recipe for this tasty soup later this week, so be on the lookout!
Parmesan Crisps Recipe
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° and grate the fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the grated cheese onto a silicone baking mat such as a Silpat Mat. I used 1 tablespoon of grated cheese and made mine approximately 3" in diameter.
- Leave ample space (about 2") between each crisp on the Silpat Mat and gently press the cheese into a round. Bake in the preheated oven for about 4 to 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Enjoy!
- Tip: You can make these ahead and store them in an airtight container up to 3 days. Be sure to place parchment paper between them when storing for best results.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: Parmesan Crisps, Recipe, Low Carb, Soup, Snack, Dip, Chips, Parmesan Cheese, Cheese Crisps, Easy Recipe
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten's Parmesan Crisps
Check out Life Tastes Good's Soup Page to pick out a soup to serve with your Parmesan Cheese Crisps...
Getting Started On School Days
- Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins by Caroline's Cooking
- Caramel Apple Granola by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Coconut Granola Bars by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cinnamon Chocolate Overnight Oats by Whole Food | Real Families
- Funfetti French Toast by Brunch with Joy
- PB&J Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich by Cooking Chat
- Healthy Lunchbox Snack Mix by Noshing with the Nolands
- Mini Pepperoni Calzones by The Redhead Baker
- Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Back to School Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Fruit 'n Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Quinoa, Oat and Pecan Blueberry-Peach Crumb Bars by Simply Healthy Family
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits by An Appealing Plan
- Mother’s Ruin Punch by Food Lust People Love
- "Nut Butter" Rice Crispy Balls by Books n' Cooks
- Parmesan Crisps Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Monkey Bread by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Apple Nachos by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Pizzas by Our Good Life
- Beef Peppers and Onions Burritos by Family Foodie
- One Pot Bacon-Cheeseburger Pasta by A Gouda Life
- Oven Fried Portabello Mushroom Fries by Food Done Light
- Peanut Chicken Cutlets by Magnolia Days
- Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Cream Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Turmeric Chicken and Couscous by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Gluten-Free Almond Joy Cupcakes by NinjaBaker
- M&M Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Oreo Rice Krispy Treats by The Crumby Cupcake
- Paleo Cherry Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Plum Crumble Bars by Feeding Big
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by That Skinny Chick Can Bake