Today the #SundaySupper Tastemakers are sharing our favorite pool party food and drink recipes! Be sure to scroll down past my recipe where you'll find links to all of the pool party inspired recipes. A big thank you goes out to the Sunday Supper Movement for making this event possible.
My first Mojito was in Miami last year at a conference. It was love at first sip as I savored the perfect balance of sweet and zesty with a refreshing touch of mint. I had never tasted anything quite like it before, and my taste buds were doing a happy dance! What a deliciously refreshing way to cool off during the hot Florida summer!
This version of the quintessential summer cocktail adds a frozen flair which makes it even more refreshing. I didn't think that was possible, but there is just something about an uncommonly cold drink on an exceptionally hot summer day that quenches your thirst and cools you off instantly! Just don't gulp it down too quickly! Nobody likes a brain freeze!!
This recipe is pretty easy to make, just be sure to make it at least a day ahead to allow for the time it needs to spend in the freezer. When ready to serve these up at your summer soiree scoop out enough of the frozen lime slush to fill each glass halfway...
and then pour in enough grapefruit soda to fill each glass. Garnish with a lime wedge and some fresh mint. Pop in a straw, stretch out on a chaise by the pool and enjoy!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
- 1 (3 ounce) box of lime gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (spearmint is best if possible)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans of frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup grapefruit juice, chilled (I used Fresca)
- 1 cup white rum (I used Bacardi)
- About 1 cup grapefruit soda for each serving, chilled
- Lime wedges and fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, dissolve the entire box of gelatin with 2 tablespoons of sugar in 1 cup boiling water. Add 1 cup fresh mint leaves, and steep, covered, for 20 minutes. Pour liquid through a sieve into a 2 1/2 quart freezer container. I used a metal mixing bowl to make it easy to scoop out the frozen limeade when ready to serve. Discard mint leaves.
- Stir in the 2 cans of limeade concentrate, 2 cups of cold water, 1 cup of grapefruit soda and 1 cup of white rum. Cover and freeze overnight or until set.
- When ready to serve, scoop about 1 cup of the limeade slush mixture into a serving glass. Pour in enough chilled grapefruit soda (about 1 cup) to fill the glass. Garnish with fresh mint and lime wedges. Enjoy!
This recipe is only intended for adults of legal drinking age. Remember to drink responsibly.
Prep Time: 30 mins.
Tags: Mojito Slush, Frozen, Cocktail, Drink, Fresh, Mint, Lime, Rum, Citrus, #SundaySupper
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home's Mojito Slush Recipe
For more refreshing drink recipes visit Life Tastes Good's Beverage Page
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margaritas by Palatable Pastime
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Limeade Splash by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline's Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma's Meals
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Cheesy Corn Dip by Brunch with Joy
- Tropical Fruit with Moscato Glaze Quesadilla by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
- 5 Fantastic Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M's Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook