Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Don't get me wrong, I love tacos! Mexican inspired food is probably my favorite. I say probably because I'm not one to make a commitment like that. I mean, to say something is your absolute favorite? That's always been tough for me, so to play it safe I always throw that 'probably' in there. It gives me an out when I'm on an Italian kick the next week ;)
Anywho, tacos in burger form. That's what I was talking about before I got distracted. SO! Tacos in burger form are so much better than just regular old tacos. WHY, you ask? I don't really know. I just know I fell in love with these Taco Sliders, and now I'm totally enamored with these Spicy Chicken Burgers. They have all the spicy taco flavors I crave together in one of my favorite foods - burgers! What's not to love?! They have avocados, y'all! Anyone who knows me, knows I love anything with avocados!
They also have salsa, AND they are easy and quick to make any night of the week, making them perfect for #WeekdaySupper! Another great thing about these Spicy Chicken Burgers is I can stick to my low carb diet by leaving off the bun and adding a salad on the side, while Don can enjoy his favorite pastime, carb loading, at the same time. It's a win-win!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Spicy Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup almond flour (for low carb) or breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Combine 1 pound ground chicken, 1/4 cup diced onion, 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic, 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, 1 diced jalapeno, 1/2 cup almond flour or breadcrumbs (use almond flour for a low carb alternative), 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix this up really well. I use gloves and get in there with my hands to mix it up. The mixture will be very sticky. To form the patties I recommend using gloves. If you don't have gloves wet your hands first for better results. For the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over mid-high heat. You can use a stainless steel skillet as long as it is oven safe. Spray with olive oil cooking spray. I use the Misto Olive Oil Sprayer. Add the burgers to the skillet and sear them for 4-5 minutes. They will develop a nice crust on the outside, but don't let them burn! Flip the burgers and sear the other side for an additional 4-5 minutes until cooked through. When cooked through the juices will run clear with no pink in the middle. The internal temp should be 160° when checked with an instant read thermometer. These burgers are also fantastic cooked on an outdoor grill!
- Top each burger with a slice of pepperjack cheese and place the skillet under the broiler until the cheese melts.
- To assemble, top each bun with a burger patty. Add sliced avocados, salsa, and chopped cilantro. If you don't like cilantro you can use parsley. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: Spicy Chicken Burgers, Taco, Jalapenos, Avocados, Salsa, Tex-Mex, Mexican, Easy, Recipe, Cheese
recipe adapted by allrecipes.com Ground Chicken Taco Burgers
Be sure to visit all of our #WeekdaySupper participants for more delicious inspiration...
Tuesday – Israeli Couscous with Grilled Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking Wednesday – Eggplant Caprese Skillet Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
Thursday – Spicy Chicken Burgers by Life Tastes Good
Friday – Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks