Loaded Baked Potato Dip has all of the toppings we typically put on a scrumptious loaded baked potato, but in dip form, which makes it so much more fun, right?! It's an appetizer! That alone makes it a party in a bowl <smile>
This dippable appetizer is made with sour cream, cheddar cheese, BACON, potatoes, and chives too! Everything you expect on a loaded baked potato, so naturally it tastes just like those comforting loaded spuds I sometimes like to enjoy for dinner, only better, because you eat it on CHIPS! AmIRight? You know it!
Next I mixed it up...
gave it a taste and seasoned it with some salt and freshly ground black pepper too. I kept tasting until I got the seasoning just right. I may or may not have eaten a small child's weight in dip, but I'll never tell <grin>
You can serve this up right away and enjoy with your favorite potato chips. Home baked Idaho® potato chips made the perfect dipper for this tasty appetizer and they are super easy to make too.
Be sure to scroll down past my recipe for links to all of our #SundaySupper recipes featuring Idaho® Potatoes, and follow the #SundaySupper Idaho® Potato Pinterest Board for even more tasty bites.
For all the latest news and recipes, join me in following the Idaho® Potato Commission on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (reserve a tablespoon for garnish)
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped. Reserve a tablespoon for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions. Reserve a tablespoon for garnish
- 1 Idaho® russet potato, cleaned, dried, baked, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine the baked potato with 16 ounces of sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (reserve a tablespoon for garnish), chopped bacon (reserve a tablespoon for garnish), and the chives (reserve a tablespoon for garnish). Mix well.
- Give it a taste and add salt and pepper a little at a time until it is seasoned to your liking. You might have to keep tasting it to get that seasoning just right. Nobody likes under-seasoned dip! It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it
- When it is just right, transfer the dip to serving dish and garnish with the reserved cheese, bacon, and chives. Serve with potato chips and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Tags: Loaded Baked Potato Dip, Baked Potato, Appetizer, Sour Cream, Cheese, Chives, Bacon, Idaho Potatoes, #SundaySupper, Party
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
- 10 Potato Toppings by Sunday Supper Movement
- Baby Duchess Potato Bites by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Potatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Potato Skins by Alida's Kitchen
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Patties with Avocado Cream by I'm Not the Nanny
- Cheesy Taco Potato Bites by Flavor Mosaic
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Skins by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Honey Sriracha Fries with Crème Fraiche by Whole Food | Real Families
- Indian Spiced Potato Pastry Shells by Soni's Food
- Loaded Baked Potato Stuffed Mushrooms by Amee's Savory Dish
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Mini Potato Crab Cakes by Magnolia Days
- Potato and Chorizo Bites by Family Foodie
- Purple Potato Puffs by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Smoky Paprika Potato Kebabs with Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip by Food Done Light
- Smoky Potato Pie Cups by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Potato Skewers with Paprika Dipping Sauce by Rhubarb and Honey
- Spiralized Shoestring Garlic Truffle Fries with Aioli by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Two-Bite Potato Salad Cups by Shockingly Delicious
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Window Pane Potato Chips by Grumpy's Honeybunch