Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
I recently made some Slow Cooker Pulled Pork for a slider recipe, and I had plenty leftover. Sure we could eat it as is, but I always love to come up with a new and exciting way of transforming leftovers into something completely different. This recipe was inspired by my Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos we love so much. With the pork already cooked, this recipe comes together in a snap, and the combination of tangy, sweet, spicy, and creamy makes this a meal the whole family will love. Don't be surprised if they ask for it again and again!
To make these tasty taquitos you just need some 8" corn or flour tortillas. Top them with some pulled pork and your favorite Mexican cheese blend and roll 'em up tightly. Feel free to add some freshly chopped cilantro too. I did that on a whim right before rolling this one up, so it didn't make it into the picture, but definitely a great addition!
After filling and rolling all of your tortillas, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush all over with some vegetable oil. That's it! These taquitos are ready for the oven. They bake about 10-15 minutes in a 425°F oven. I usually put them in for 10 and then add more time if they aren't as crispy as I like. I love these are baked! Frying is so messy and not so good for you either!
Madison and I have been planning a little get together for her college graduation that is just weeks away! She decided she'd love some slow cooker barbecue pulled pork, so I am definitely going to use some of the pulled pork to whip up these taquitos for the party. I think this recipe will make a tasty addition to our graduation menu!
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox - Click here to subscribe
Barbecue Pulled Pork Taquitos
- Leftover Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 8 corn or flour tortillas, soft taco size (8")
- vegetable oil
- Easy Mango Salsa
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- zest from 1/2 of a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce by combining 1 ripe avocado (pitted, peeled, and mashed) with 8 ounces sour cream, 1 tablespoon dry ranch dressing mix, zest of 1/2 of a lime, and 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro. Mix that well to combine and give it a taste. Adjust the seasonings to your liking, adding salt and pepper as desired. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Top each tortilla with about 3 tablespoons of leftover pulled pork and a tablespoon of cheese. Add some freshly chopped cilantro if desired and roll up each tortilla tightly. Place on a parchement lined baking sheet and brush each tortilla with vegetable oil to coat. If you don't have parchment paper, I suggest lining the baking sheet with foil and spraying with cooking spray so the taquitos don't stick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy. Serve with Mango Salsa and Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce. Enjoy!
- While the tortillas are cooking I like to make up the Easy Mango Salsa.
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: Barbecue Pulled Pork Taquitos, Leftovers, Mango Salsa, Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce, Barbecue, Pulled Pork, Taquitos, Tortillas, Easy, Recipe