Don't get me wrong, this refreshing fruit salsa is delicious with chips, but did you know it also goes great with fish? I love cooking up a mild white fish and topping it with this fresh Mango Salsa. Serve it with a simple garden salad, and it makes for a quick and easy meal perfect for any night of the week. It's good for you too! You gotta love that!
We also like to pair this salsa with Barbecue Pulled Pork on a sandwich or in a wrap. The sweetness of the salsa compliments the tang of the barbecue sauce nicely and makes for a tasty treat! My Barbecue Pulled Pork Taquitos with Mango Salsa are a tasty way to use up leftover pulled pork!
If you haven't figured it out yet, I like mangoes! When I was little, I remember not being a fan of mangoes, though. My sweet Nan had a mango tree and she loved them! She would gather a whole pile of them and enjoy their juicy deliciousness in a variety of ways, but mostly I remember her sitting there with a knife and eating them as is. Now that I'm older and can appreciate the unique flavor of the mango, I sure do wish I had a mango tree so I could pick a whole pile of them too!
Speaking of mango trees, we have a beautiful nature walk nearby where Madison and I would always go to feed the turtles and look for other animals. We enjoyed being outside and getting the exercise from walking under the shade of the tall trees. We used to see the wild mangoes high up in those trees and you better believe I considered risking life and limb to get to them! I don't think it would have gone over well with the nature police though, so I kept my feet firmly on the ground and bought my mangoes from the produce stand <smile> like I do today whenever we want to enjoy the refreshing flavors in this tasty fruit salsa.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox - Click here to subscribe
Easy Mango Salsa
- 1 large Mango, peeled, seeded, and diced (about 1 heaping cupful)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- In a bowl, combine 1 heaping cup of freshly diced mango, 1/2 diced red bell pepper, 2 tablespoons minced red onion, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, 1 seeded and minced jalapeno, and the juice of 1/2 a lime.
- Gently toss it together and give it a taste. Now add a pinch of salt and taste it again. Notice how just a little salt enhances the flavor. Add more salt if needed, tasting after each addition. Be careful not to add too much. The more you taste after each addition you will get better at knowing just how much salt is needed. Sometimes you'll put too much, but it's all part of the learning experience.
- Add a small pinch of pepper and give it a taste. Refrigerate until ready to use. The flavors will enhance after spending some time together in the refrigerator, so it is always best if you can make this up early in the day.
- Add freshly diced avocado right before serving. Enjoy!
Tags: Easy Mango Salsa, Sweet, Spicy, Mexican, Summer, Fruit, Vegetables, Appetizer, Citrus, Avocado
Visit my Appetizer page for more delicious salsas...