Easy Mango Salsa

With just six ingredients, this Mango Salsa is truly easy to make! It is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and a whole lot tasty! I love the unique flavor of the mango combined with the heat of the jalapeno and the hints of citrus from the lime and cilantro, as well as the buttery texture of the avocado. This salsa is very versatile too! It isn't just for chips...
With just six ingredients, this Mango Salsa is truly easy to make! It is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and a whole lot tasty! I love the unique flavor of the mango combined with the heat of the jalapeno and the hints of citrus from the lime and cilantro, as well as the buttery texture of the avocado. This salsa isn't just for chips...

Don't get me wrong, this refreshing fruit salsa is delicious with chips, but did you know it also goes great with fish? I love cooking up a mild white fish and topping it with this fresh Mango Salsa. Serve it with a simple garden salad, and it makes for a quick and easy meal perfect for any night of the week. It's good for you too! You gotta love that!
With just six ingredients, this Mango Salsa is truly easy to make! It is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and a whole lot tasty! I love the unique flavor of the mango combined with the heat of the jalapeno and the hints of citrus from the lime and cilantro, as well as the buttery texture of the avocado. This salsa isn't just for chips...
We also like to pair this salsa with Barbecue Pulled Pork on a sandwich or in a wrap. The sweetness of the salsa compliments the tang of the barbecue sauce nicely and makes for a tasty treat! My Barbecue Pulled Pork Taquitos with Mango Salsa are a tasty way to use up leftover pulled pork!
With just six ingredients, this Mango Salsa is truly easy to make! It is a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy, and a whole lot tasty! I love the unique flavor of the mango combined with the heat of the jalapeno and the hints of citrus from the lime and cilantro, as well as the buttery texture of the avocado. This salsa isn't just for chips...
If you haven't figured it out yet, I like mangoes! When I was little, I remember not being a fan of mangoes, though. My sweet Nan had a mango tree and she loved them! She would gather a whole pile of them and enjoy their juicy deliciousness in a variety of ways, but mostly I remember her sitting there with a knife and eating them as is. Now that I'm older and can appreciate the unique flavor of the mango, I sure do wish I had a mango tree so I could pick a whole pile of them too!

Speaking of mango trees, we have a beautiful nature walk nearby where Madison and I would always go to feed the turtles and look for other animals. We enjoyed being outside and getting the exercise from walking under the shade of the tall trees. We used to see the wild mangoes high up in those trees and you better believe I considered risking life and limb to get to them! I don't think it would have gone over well with the nature police though, so I kept my feet firmly on the ground and bought my mangoes from the produce stand <smile> like I do today whenever we want to enjoy the refreshing flavors in this tasty fruit salsa.


Easy Mango Salsa

Life Tastes Good
Published 05/14/2015
Easy Mango Salsa

Ingredients

  • 1 large Mango, peeled, seeded, and diced (about 1 heaping cupful)
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
  • 2 tablespoons minced red onion
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
  • juice from 1/2 a lime
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced

Instructions

  1. In a bowl, combine 1 heaping cup of freshly diced mango, 1/2 diced red bell pepper, 2 tablespoons minced red onion, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, 1 seeded and minced jalapeno, and the juice of 1/2 a lime.
  2. Gently toss it together and give it a taste. Now add a pinch of salt and taste it again. Notice how just a little salt enhances the flavor. Add more salt if needed, tasting after each addition. Be careful not to add too much. The more you taste after each addition you will get better at knowing just how much salt is needed. Sometimes you'll put too much, but it's all part of the learning experience.
  3. Add a small pinch of pepper and give it a taste. Refrigerate until ready to use. The flavors will enhance after spending some time together in the refrigerator, so it is always best if you can make this up early in the day.
  4. Add freshly diced avocado right before serving. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.

Tags: Easy Mango Salsa, Sweet, Spicy, Mexican, Summer, Fruit, Vegetables, Appetizer, Citrus, Avocado

Visit my Appetizer page for more delicious salsas...
Homemade Tomato Salsa Recipe | by Life Tastes Good

8 comments:

  1. When I was little, I did not like mangos either. Now I love them. Luckily my daughter has taken to them early. This salsa would be perfect on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It is so refreshing and perfect for a hot!

      Delete
  2. I love mangos and I would love this salsa! I can eat three whole mangoes by myself! I have never seen a domestic, let alone wild, mango tree! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to come visit me, and I'll take you to see a mango tree ;)

      Delete
  3. Nicely done! We love mangos...perfect summertime treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! Thanks, Cali Cuisine!

      Delete
  4. Oh man, I LOVE mango salsa! This looks heavenly! this is perfect for summer snack time for mommy! yum! can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it as much as we do, Sara! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >