I love to make homemade salad dressings. They are so easy and taste so fresh! Store bought dressings just can't compete with the goodness of fresh, homemade salad dressings. This dressing whips up quickly in a food processor, but you can also just whisk it by hand. I like to make dressings up early in the day or a day ahead to give the flavors time to mingle before we are ready to pour the sweet and tangy goodness all over our fresh salad greens.
After mixing this up it will taste great, but trust me on this one, cover it and pop it in the fridge for a few hours! Overnight is even better! Allowing all of the ingredients some alone time together will enhance the flavor of this dressing. It is so worth the wait! Be sure to make up some hard boiled eggs to add to your salad too. The tang in this dressing goes great with them (imo)!
Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cranberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Maille Honey Dijon Mustard with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In the bowl of a Food Processor, combine 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon cranberries, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 clove smashed and peeled garlic and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Process until smooth.
- While the food processor is running, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil in a very slow stream until all combined. Give it a taste and adjust the flavors as needed. Pour dressing into a container, cover and refrigerate several hours or, preferably overnight.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Tags: Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette, Cranberries, Balsamic, Salad Dressing, Vinaigrette, Homemade, Food Processor, Easy, Tastes Good, Fresh
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com Cranberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
More of my favorite homemade dressing recipes...