The chicken is seasoned perfectly with onion, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, cumin, paprika, a little lime juice, and, of course, salt and pepper. All of those flavors play so nicely together in this juicy and tender chicken burger.
As if that is not enough, we go ahead and smother the chicken burgers with sharp cheddar cheese and then top 'em off with some Simple Guacamole and a tomato too, just for good measure. All of that is sandwiched inside a delicately toasted bun. Absolutely heavenly!
Chicken burgers get a bad rap for being dry and somewhat tasteless, but this chicken burger is breaking through all those stereotypes and proving the naysayers wrong with juicy deliciousness! Go ahead, give it a try. You can thank me later <smile>
Chicken Cheddar and Guacamole Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken. Use regular ground chicken - not ground chicken breast for best results
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup freshly minced cilantro or you can sub in a 1/2 tablespoon of dried cilantro, but you will have better results with fresh
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup Simple Guacamole
- Sliced tomatoes
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- I use an indoor grill pan, but these would be delicious on the outdoor grill too. Get your grill pan (or grill ready) by heating to 375°F.
- Mix 1 pound ground chicken, 1/2 cup onion, 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 minced jalapeno, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix this up really well so that all the seasonings are distributed throughout the chicken. Form into 4 patties.
- When the grill is hot and burgers are ready to go on, spray the grill with olive oil. I like to use my Misto Olive Oil Sprayer. Place the patties in a single layer on the grill pan. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes without moving. You want to get a good sear on them, so let them do their thing
. Once seared nicely, flip them over, cover the pan once again, and let them cook another 4-5 minutes until cooked through. An instant read thermometer should register 160°F.
- Once the burgers are cooked. Turn off heat and top each burger with a slice of sharp cheddar cheese. Cover pan until cheese is melted.
- Place each cheese topped burger on a toasted bun and cover with a big dollop of Simple Guacamole, a tomato, and a little bit of fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: Chicken Burgers, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Guacamole, Grill, Main, Sandwich, Buns, Cheeseburger, Ground Chicken, Cilantro
recipe adapted by allrecipes.com Chicken Cheddar and Guacamole Burgers
You might also like....