Hamburger Steak with Mushroom Gravy is an easy and economical dinner to make any night of the week! You can have this whole meal on the table in under 30 minutes!
This makes 4 servings, and even when you include the mashed taters and the spinach, we're talking under $4 per serving, y'all! You can't beat that!!
We really enjoyed this. Don especially. It reminded him of a local eatery that used to be in town years ago called Pop's Casbah. Pop's served good old down home comfort food. It was sooo good!
Don kept going on about how he felt like he was at Pop's just like back in the day, and you know what? He's right. This Hamburger Steak with the homemade mushroom gravy, garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach has all the makings of good ol' boy comfort food! It really hits the spot! The gravy is so fresh and flavorful, you'll be sopping it up with your taters! Or better yet, make some Homemade Butternut Squash Dinner Rolls to sop up every last drop!
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Hamburger Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef base, such as Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Combine beef with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Mix well and form into 4 patties. Heat a skillet over mid-high heat and then add a teaspoon of olive oil. Allow the oil to warm and then add the hamburger patties. Cook 3-4 minutes without moving so they get nice and seared and then flip them over and cook 3-4 minutes more to sear the other side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes until they soften and start to release their juices. Add 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon beef base to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring to a slow boil.
- Combine 1 tablespoon red wine with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add to the simmering mushroom sauce. Stir to incorporate.
- Return the beef patties to the skillet, cover partially and simmer about 5 minutes until the gravy thickens. Serve beef steaks over mashed potatoes and spinach with the mushroom gravy. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: hamburger, steaks, mushroom, gravy, dinner, beef, main, budget friendly, under 30 minutes, comfort food
You might also enjoy....