Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes melt in your mouth! This might be my favorite breakfast ever! Loaded with homemade pumpkin puree, these pancakes are a delicious and nutritious way to start your day.
As if these aren't delicious enough, I added an easy-to-make Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter. The pancakes combined with the brown sugar cinnamon butter and pure maple syrup reminds me of a pumpkin cinnamon bun!
Even though this is quite the indulgence for breakfast, I love all the added health benefits the pumpkin puree brings to these pancakes. Pumpkin is chock full of good-for-you-stuff! The kids will love these pancakes because they are delicious, and moms get the satisfaction of knowing they are nutritious too! I love that!
Madison was a little jealous to hear we ate pumpkin pancakes without her, and she doesn't even like pancakes!! I'm planning to make these for our Thanksgiving breakfast, so it's all good! She'll get to enjoy them <smile>
Welcome to day 5 of #PumpkinWeek hosted by Terri from Love and Confections. We are celebrating our love of the season with a whole week of pumpkin goodies, leading up to National Pumpkin Day. 17 Food Bloggers have come together to share over 65 recipes with you. In addition to homemade pumpkin puree, pie, and cookies, we are also sharing savory pumpkin dishes like hummus, chili and pumpkin corn chowder. Come back every day for #PumpkinWeek recipes. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
Thank you for visiting! Let's be social! Follow Life Tastes Good on Pinterest | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- vegetable oil
- In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Whisk to mix well.
- In a large bowl mix 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, 1 cup Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree, 1 large egg, and 2 tablespoons melted butter. You can whisk this by hand or with a mixer.
- Heat your skillet over medium heat. I used a small cast iron skillet and made my pancakes one-at-a-time, but you can use a large skillet to speed up the process. A cast iron or stainless steel skillet will yield the best looking pancakes.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk just to combine. You don't want to over mix.
- Using a paper towel, or a heat safe brush, lightly coat the skillet with vegetable oil. If using a paper towel, be careful not to burn your fingers! You can use tongs to hold the towel and wipe it around the pan to save those fingerprints! Be sure you are only light coating the bottom and sides of the skillet. Too much oil will make blotchy pancakes.
- Scoop the pancake batter into the skillet. I use a small ladle to do this. An ice cream scooper works well too. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes until they bubbles start to pop on top and they are golden brown. Carefully flip the pancakes over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown. The cook times will vary depending on how hot your skillet is. Adjust the temp as needed to get the desired results. If the pancakes are browning too quickly, lower the temp. If they are taking longer than 2-3 minutes to get golden brown, you'll want to bump the temp up a little. It takes a little experimenting, but once you get the right temp you'll be making perfectly gorgeous pancakes every time! Continue cooking pancake batter in this manner until gone. Serve with Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter and Pure Maple Syrup. Enjoy!
To make brown sugar cinnamon butter just combine 1/2 stick softened butter with 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Mix well and store in the fridge. Bring to room temp for serving.
Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook time: 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes, Breakfast, Thanksgiving, Homemade, Pumpkin Puree, Butter, Syrup, Fall, Nutritious, Pumpkin
recipe inspired by allrecipes.com Pumpkin Pancakes
Pumpkin Pie Chia Granola by Love and Confections
Meatloaf-Stuffed Mini Pumpkins by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
White Chocolate Reeses Pumpkin Blondies by The Spiffy Cookie
Pumpkin and Corn Chowder by Curious Cuisiniere
Buttermilk Pumpkin Pancakes by Life Tastes Good
Pumpkin Spice Cookie Blossoms by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Curried Roasted Pumpkin Hummus by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Praline Frosted Pumpkin Brownies by My Catholic Kitchen
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter by Making Miracles
Pumpkin Biscotti by The Pajama Chef
White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Some more pumpkin recipes...