Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Pasta is loaded with all the perfection of a BLT sandwich, but in a wonderfully, glorious pasta dish that is utterly simple to make!
Who doesn't love a BLT? No one, right!! Everything is better with bacon, and this pasta dish is no exception. Oh my! The salty crisp goodness of the bacon mixed with the tangy sour cream is enough to put you on cloud nine, but then we toss in some peppery arugula and 2 different kinds of tomatoes!! Oh! Emmm! Geee! This has to be Nirvana!!
I love the Cavatappi pasta! It is perfect in this dish! The cork screw shape holds the sauce well and intertwines perfectly with the arugula creating blissful bites of deliciousness in every forkful!
This is a great pasta dish to feed a crowd too! It's good hot or cold and makes great leftovers!! It's a keeper for sure!
I just love making pasta dishes from classics such as the BLT. My Spinach Artichoke Pasta was inspired by one of my favorite appetizers - Spinach Artichoke Dip, and my Chicken Pot Pie Pasta is basically our favorite Chicken Pot Pie tossed with orzo! These pasta dishes are family faves for sure! Check out my Pasta page for more delicious recipes!
Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Pasta
- 1/2 lb Cavatappi Pasta
- kosher salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use 3 thick cut slices)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 3-4 cups baby arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of cayenne
- Parmesan Cheese to taste
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package. Be sure to salt the water generously. I use 1 tablespoon of kosher salt. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add bacon pieces. Cook until almost crisp. Turn off the heat. Drain the excess grease leaving a little behind in the skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic to the skillet with the bacon and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 2/3 cups sour cream and stir to combine. Add the pasta and turn the heat on to medium. Add 1/2 pint halved grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, and 3-4 cups arugula according to how much you like. Remember it will shrink quite a bit when it wilts. Cook until heated through and the arugula wilts.
- Stir in a pinch of cayenne pepper and give it a taste. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Top with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: BLT, Bacon Lettuce and Tomato, Pasta, Sauce, Vegetables, Main, Arugula, Sandwich, American, Classic
Recipe inspired by: allrecipes.com Chef John's BLT Pasta