Chicken Pot Pie Pasta

Chicken Pot Pie Pasta is a fun new way to enjoy good old fashioned comfort food! This stuff makes you feel all warm and cozy with every savory bite! 

With chunks of scrumptious roasted chicken, crisp vegetables, a rich, creamy gravy, and delicious orzo pasta you'll close your eyes and savor this meal until you empty the bowl...and then you'll go back for more! Well, I sure did!! and Don went back for more many times!! He was happy happy!!

If you are in the north and dreading all of these back-to-back winter storms, a bowl (or three bowls) of this fun new take on Chicken Pot Pie just might help you to survive that cabin fever this winter! If nothing else, it will fill your belly with deliciousness :o), and don't be surprised if you find yourself sneaking a late night snack of the leftovers!

I sure wish I could deliver some of this creamy chicken pot pie orzo to my girl!! Madison's college canceled all classes today and even last night's classes because they are expecting ice with a covering of 1-2 inches of snow!!! Are three exclamation points too much? She does go to college in the South, you know. We southerners just aren't prepared for icy roads! I am glad the college and the whole area is taking precautions. They don't get much snow, ever, and my little Florida girl certainly hasn't had to deal with this type of weather! Ever! She has ridden out many a hurricanes and is an old pro at hunkering down, but when it comes to walking on an icy path or worse...driving on one... I shudder to think of it! I told her to avoid going outside, except to get pictures of the snow for me, of course! Luckily her roommate is an experienced northerner! I'm sure she is having a good laugh looking around at these southerners preparing for this 'huge' winter storm haha.  Stay warm and safe inside everyone!

Chicken Pot Pie Pasta

Life Tastes Good
Published 01/29/2014
Chicken Pot Pie Pasta



  1. Prepare the Roasted Chicken Breasts as directed. Tip - I like to make the chicken breasts the night before. I always make extra and enjoy a Roasted Chicken dinner and save 2 chicken breasts for my Chicken Pot Pie Pasta the next night.
  2. Melt 1/3 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 cup carrots and cook until they start to soften (between 3-5 minutes). Then add 1/2 cup chopped celery, 1/3 cup chopped onion, and 1 cup frozen peas. Cook until veggies are tender. Add 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon celery seed. Slowly stir in 1 3/4 cups water and 2/3 cups milk. Add 2 teaspoons chicken base, and reduce the heat to mid-low. Simmer until thickened.
  3. Remove the chicken meat from the bones and cut into bite sized pieces. Add chicken to the veggie mixture. Don't be afraid to toss the skin in there too! It adds great flavor!
  4. Let that simmer on low heat while you cook the orzo. If the gravy gets too thick you can mix a little bit of chicken base with water and add it to thin it out (or use a splash of chicken broth if you have it on hand).
  5. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over mid-high heat. Add the orzo and stir until lightly toasted. Add 14 ounces of water and 2 teaspoons chicken base and stir to combine. Bring this to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
  6. Spoon pasta into a serving dish and top with chicken pot pie mixture. Enjoy!
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:30


  1. Replies
    1. thank you, Nora!! My daughter is in town and I always have to make this for her. One of her faves!!

  2. This is a great idea! I love how hearty it looks.

  3. Oh my goodness!!!! Chicken Pot Pie is my favorite comfort food! I've had chicken pot pie soup, but have never seen a recipe using pasta. Can't wait to try this yummy recipe!!!!!

    1. Thanks Margaret! I had a husband craving chicken pot pie and some orzo to use up (plus I didn't feel like making biscuits haha), so that is how this recipe came about! I hope you like it! Have a great day ~Marion

  4. Marion,
    Chicken pot pie is at the top of my list when it comes to comfort food. Pasta (of any variety) is a close second! You've combined BOTH of these & it looks absolutely amazing; definitely something I'd like to make!

    1. I hope you give it a try! Thanks for stopping by Anyonita!! Have a great day ~Marion


Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one! Please understand I am not able to allow comments with links. Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >