Tilapia and Mango Salsa with avocado is a healthy and delicious meal that will please even the fussiest of fish eaters!
If you've been following the blog, you know I'm not a fan of fish! Not even close! This, however, is the first fish recipe I tried and loved! It's turned into one of my favorite meals!
I know this is good for me, so eating it makes me feel like a full fledged grown up! HA Never thought that would happen!
Tilapia is a very mild fish with very low mercury levels. Additionally, tilapia is a good source of protein and micronutrients, and it is low in calories, saturated fat, and carbohydrates! See, I told you it was good for you!!
The marinade in this recipe is very good and pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the salsa. Don't be afraid to change up the flavors! Sometimes I'll add in a little more jalapeno when I'm feeling spicy! Definitely adjust the flavors to suit your tastes. It's easy to make this dish your own! I love versatility which is why I even made this same recipe in burger form! Check out my Tilapia Burger with Mango Salsa recipe!
Tilapia and Mango Salsa
- 1/3 cup First Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 Tilapia fillets
- Easy Mango Salsa
- Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley, 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic, 1 tablespoon fresh basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add 4 tilapia fillets and shake to coat. Squeeze out excess air, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the Easy Mango Salsa. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to use. This salsa tastes even better made up a day ahead!
- Preheat a Grill Pan to 375 degrees F (you can do these on an outside grill also, if you prefer). Spray the grill pan with Olive Oil .
- Remove the tilapia from the marinade and let excess drip off. Discard the remaining marinade. Place the fillets in the grill pan and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. Grilling time will vary depending on the thickness of the fish. When cooked the fish will flake easily in the center with a fork. Serve topped with Easy Mango Salsa and enjoy! I like enjoy this with a nice garden salad, but I make up some delicious rice pilaf for Don.
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
recipe inspired by: allrecipes.com Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa