Eggs and avocados go perfectly together, and seeing as my favorite way to eat avocados is smushed up into yummy, garlicky guacamole, why not unite the two for breakfast?!! No reason!
Do you know how to poach an egg? It's quick and easy as long as you follow some simple rules. Give it a try and you'll be poaching eggs all the time! It is my favorite way to eat an egg!!
Rule #1 - your water should be 2-3 inches deep and the temp needs to be right! Not too hot and not too cold! You want a slow boil for poaching eggs. Oops! I guess that's 2 rules in one...
Rule #2 - Add about 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to the water. Do not add salt. We salt eggs after they are cooked! This 2 rules in one thing is trending...
Rule #3 - Pamper your eggs! Create a whirlpool by swirling the water with a spoon. Then crack your egg into a shallow dish and gently lower it into the whirlpool
Rule #4 - Set the timer! 3 mins will result in a beautifully poached egg
Rule #5 - Dry them eggs! Gently remove the egg with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel and carefully blot dry
Rule #6 - Check out this article on poaching eggs
Poached Egg on Toast Breakfast
- 1 egg
- Simple Guacamole Recipe
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put 2-3 inches of water into a deep skillet and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon white vinegar.
- Crack 1 egg into a shallow dish and prepare a paper towel lined plate to have ready when your egg is done. Always good to be prepared!
- When the water reaches a gentle boil, use the handle end of a long spoon to swirl the water to create a whirlpool effect.
- Gently lower the dish into the whirlpool and allow the egg to slide into the water.
- Set the timer for 3 minutes and continue to gently swirl the water so the egg whites will come together. Keep the egg from settling on the bottom of the pan.
- While the egg is poaching, prepare the toast and top with guacamole as desired. No guacamole? No problem! You can butter the bread or leave it dry. It's up to you!
- When the timer goes off, use a slotted spoon to gently remove the egg from the water onto the paper towel lined plate. Blot gently to dry.
- Gently place the egg atop the guacamole toast. Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:03