Have you tried Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto? OMgosh! Where has this stuff been all my life? It is so goooood! I seriously could eat a whole jar in one sitting! HA, who has time to sit?! I'd eat it... with a spoon... at the counter! No shame in that! It's good stuff!
This versatile side is super easy to make and a real crowd pleaser! My mom even likes it! You can use any vegetable your taste buds desire, and it's ready to eat in under 10 minutes! Yep, you heard me right (no need to clean out the old ears!)
Using Angel Hair Pasta is the key to saving time with this dish. The pasta cooks in about 3-4 minutes! You can't beat that! This goes nicely along side my Tilapia with Lemon Butter Sauce.
We enjoy this with the spinach, but I have also made this with broccoli and it was very tasty too! Don't be afraid to mix it up and use different veggies - variety is good!
- 8 ounces Angel Hair Pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
- 6 ounces of Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic (I use a full tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar (about 8 ounces) Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Parmesan Cheese (optional topping)
- In a large saucepan, boil 4 quarts of water. After water comes to a boil, add a 1/2 tablespoon of salt and 8 ounces Angel Hair Pasta. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring. Drain pasta.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in saucepan. Add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic and saute until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Toss in spinach and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring, until spinach is mostly wilted.
- Stir in pasta and 1 jar (about 8 ounces) Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and toss gently to mix. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan Cheese as desired. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Publix Simple Meals