Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Sunday SupperThe Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing a collection of Citrus Recipes, because every spring, as winter winds down the world starts to feel brighter. That brightness carries over to our Sunday Supper kitchens with the brightness of citrus recipes.
In addition to my Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe, our Sunday Supper recipes range from breakfast to dessert and everything in between. Find the complete list of citrus recipes at the bottom of this page. A big thanks goes out to Lisa of Jersey Girl Cooks for hosting this week.
Apparently, the Starbucks Lemon Loaf is one of my mom's favorite things! So much so, she shared a recipe with me and asked me to make it for her. I like to maintain my status as her favorite (out of 6!), so I obliged. I don't know where this recipe originated as my mom got it from a friend, but I'm glad she passed it on to me. And you can be glad momma taught me to share! This lemon loaf recipe is yummy! The glaze reminds me of those lemon head candies I used to love when I was a youngen', and the cake is perfectly moist with a light texture. It is bursting with mouth-watering lemony flavor in every bite! Sweet and Zesty!!
Recipe Prep Tips
- Use the large bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. If you don't have a stand mixer, use a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer.
- Be sure the butter is softened, not melted. Melted butter results in the cake falling in the middle. I learned that the hard way when I was lazy and forgot to take the butter out ahead of time to soften. I ended up melting it in the microwave. You wouldn't think 2 tablespoons of butter would matter much if it's softened or melted, but it really does!
- When measuring flour be sure to fluff up the flour first and then spoon it into a measuring cup to get the accurate amount.
- It's important to use the proper size pan. If you use one too small the cake may fall. A 9"x5" loaf pan is recommended.
- I have made this cake with lemon zest in place of the extract, but I prefer the extract believe it or not. It is a more concentrated lemon flavor which is what I like best for this cake. I've also replaced the milk in the glaze with fresh lemon juice and omitted the extract, but again, I prefer it the way it is written here in my recipe.
Life Tastes Good just like it should with FREE recipes delivered to your inbox
Click here to subscribe
Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe
Now you can enjoy the deliciously tangy Starbucks Lemon Loaf without even leaving the house and you'll save money too! How great is that?! This copycat recipe is pretty easy to make and bursting with tangy lemon flavor. A family favorite for sure!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for the glaze)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9"x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Allowing extra so the parchment hangs over the sides for easy removal. No need to spray the parchment. Just spray the inside of the loaf pan so the parchment will stay put. You'll want to have the oven preheated and the pan lined and ready to go before the batter is ready. You want to get the batter into the pan and then into the oven as soon as it is mixed.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 3 large eggs, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, and 1/3 cup lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Add 1.5 cups cake flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix until just combined. Add 1/2 cup vegetable oil and mix until combined.
- Immediately pour batter into prepared loaf pan and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until toothpick or cake tester inserted 1/2 way from the edge comes out clean. The top will bounce back when lightly pressed and won't jiggle!
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan and then remove from pan. Leave on parchment and prepare the glaze by mixing 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons whole milk, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract, and a pinch of salt. Add more sugar if you prefer a thicker, sweeter icing. Glaze the cake, garnish with lemon zest if you like, slice and enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.
Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline's Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket's Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf