Thursday, September 12, 2013

Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe

Copycat recipe of the delicious Starbucks Lemon Loaf Pound Cake dessert
Apparently Starbucks Lemon Loaf is one of my mom's favorite things! Who knew?? While I was visiting in Virginia recently, she tossed a recipe at me and asked me to make it for her. I like to maintain my status as her favorite (out of 6!), so I obliged. 

I've never had the Starbucks Lemon Loaf, but I love anything lemon, so I figured this would be a winner and I was right!! I really need to get to a Starbucks fast and try the original version, but until then this delightfully delicious cake is perfectly moist and has the texture of a pound cake. It is bursting with mouth-watering lemony flavor in every bite! Sweet and Zesty!!

I don't know where this recipe originated as my mom got it from a friend, but I'm glad she passed it on to me. And you can be glad momma taught me to share! This is yummy! The glaze reminds me of those lemon head candies I used to love when I was a youngen'.


Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe

Life Tastes Good
Published 09/12/2013
Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe

You can mix this up with a mixer or even a food processor. I've done both with good results. However, the food processor makes quick work of the mixing and incorporates all the ingredients nicely, while the mixer never really did incorporate the butter completely! I definitely preferred the end result done with the food processor. I am giddy, over-the-top happy with my recent purchase of the Cuisinart Prep 9-Cup Food Processor! I love it! It has changed my life in the kitchen! I highly recommend getting a food processor as soon as you can :)

Ingredients

  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup powdered sugar (for the glaze)
  • 2 tablespoons whole milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9"x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Allowing extra so the parchment hangs over the sides for easy removal. No need to spray the parchment. Just spray the inside of the loaf pan so the parchment will stay put. You'll want to have the oven preheated and the pan lined and ready to go before the batter is ready. You want to get the batter into the pan and then into the oven as soon as it is mixed.
  2. In a mixer or a food processor combine 3 large eggs, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, and 1/3 cup lemon juice. Blend until well mixed.
  3. Add 1.5 cups flour to the ingredients and mix until just combined. Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix until just combined. Add 1/2 cup vegetable oil and mix until combined.
  4. Immediately pour batter into prepared loaf pan and place in preheated oven.
  5. Bake for 45-55 minutes until toothpick or cake tester inserted 1/2 way from the edge comes out clean. The top will bounce back when lightly pressed and won't jiggle!
  6. Allow the cake to cool in the pan and then remove from pan. Leave on parchment and prepare the glaze by mixing 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons whole milk and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract. Add more sugar if you prefer a thicker, sweeter icing. Glaze the cake, slice and enjoy!
Yield: 8 Servings
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook time: 45 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.

Check out a version of this cake with blueberries by my friend Michele from Flavor Mosaic - Glazed Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake

10 comments:

  1. Love Starbucks lemon loaf! Can't wait to try this. It will be perfect for my office potluck on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beckie, I hope you like it!! and it is a success at the potluck! Thanks for stopping by ~Marion

      Delete
  2. For the glaze do you use 1/2 tsp of lemon juice or extract?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brennan, I use the lemon extract in the glaze. Sorry for that booboo, and thanks so very much for catching it!! I fixed that ;). I appreciate you stopping by! Have a great week ~Marion

      Delete
  3. I made this delicious loaf cake and yes, it is so close to Starbucks it's hard to believe. My daughter was delighted because this is her favorite Starbucks guilty pleasure. I found I didn't need to bake it quite as long as the directions state...about 40 minutes in my oven it came out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it Renee! Thanks for stopping by and letting me know!

      Delete
  4. Hey just wanted to share my experience with tgis recipe. it was easy to make and soooo yummy. i used mini loaf pans instead of a regular one so i could give as gifts and it made 3 mini loafs. also my glaze ended up a pretty drizzle effect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and letting me know! I'm so happy it worked out and what a great idea to give as gifts!! I love that!! I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! Thanks again!! ~Marion

      Delete
  5. I am SUCH a big lemon fan, especially in the spring and summer! I can't wait to give this a try. It would be perfect with a cup of coffee and some fresh berries in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Maggie! I hope you like it :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... >