Sep 2, 2012

Two Quick and Easy Chicken Recipes

  
allrecipes.com Salsa Chicken


Last week when I got home from Savannah I found some chicken breasts in my freezer, which is rare because I don't really like to freeze meats. In an attempt to avoid going to the grocery store, because I was exhausted from the drive (and lazy), I thawed out the chicken and went to allrecipes.com for some inspiration

I was so happy with the recipes I found. The first night home I made an easy Garlic Chicken. I had everything on hand, and the recipe looked simple. No fuss is what I needed! This is a great recipe for a quick meal in a pinch! Next time boneless, skinless chicken breasts are on sale I will stock some in the freezer for those busy times - it was that easy!

Again, because I was exhausted (and lazy) from the drive, I did not get a picture of the Garlic Chicken. I did make the recipe exactly as stated, but I recommend cooking for 15-20 minutes and then checking the temp. It should be 155-160 degrees before removing from the oven. Then let rest for about 10 minutes. The 30 minute cook time in the recipe was a bit long for the chicken breasts I used. They were quite thick, so I am guessing that time is just long in general.  NOTE: Be sure your olive oil is fresh. Old oil can ruin a recipe quickly. I also like to buy a better brand of olive oil - my fave from the grocery store is the Lucini brand. Also, before breading the chicken I like to turn it over and pull it open on the bottom - there is always a part at the thickest point where you can open it up. It evens out the meat for more consistent cooking throughout

The next night I was a little more adventurous! I made some Salsa Chicken and even had enough energy to get a picture! woohoo! It was delicious too! This coming from a girl who doesn't generally like recipes made with boneless, skinless chicken. I was pleased to find another easy recipe to make in a pinch!


I made Fresh Tomato Salsa to use in the recipe, but a store bought salsa would work well. I didn't have taco seasoning mix on hand, so I made this Taco Seasoning recipe from allrecipes.com. It worked well, but when making the Salsa Chicken recipe again I would use 1/2 the taco seasoning called for in the recipe. I thought the flavor was a bit too much and so much seasoning made it a little chalky. I also used my new favorite cheese - Manchego, and it was wonderful on this recipe!
NOTE:  The Salsa Chicken recipe was even better leftover the next day! The flavors worked their mingling magic overnight in the fridge!!

I served this with allrecipes.com Black Beans & Rice. I've made this recipe many times, and it always turns out great! It has great flavor! The recipe is spot on! We really like it!

I had sour cream on hand, and I made some fresh guacamole because I LOVE it! I use an avocado with a couple gloves of garlic, a little lime juice, and some salt and pepper for the guac. Mush that up well and chill in the fridge for a couple hours. mmm mmmm good!




2 comments:

  1. Quick and easy is what it's all about for me these days. It is such a busy time of year! These both look really good Marion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie! Seems once September hits it is non-stop to the new year doesn't it??

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>