Jun 9, 2012

Mini Coffee Cakes





Recipe inspired by: Allrecipes Mini Coffee Cakes
 I discovered this recipe last fall when I was searching for something to make for Madison's Equestrian Team. Don and I were traveling to GA to cheer them on, and I wanted to bring snacks for the team.  Because it was a new recipe, I made a test batch to see how they'd turn out.  Well, they ended up being the most wonderful little coffee cakes I have ever tasted! They are so light it is like eating air - only really yummy tasting air with cinnamon!  We gobbled the test batch up right away, so I made another test batch...just to be sure you know - don't want to feed the kids nasty muffins.  Again, we gobbled 'em up! I really should NEVER make these - they are too dangerous to have in the house, but I really wanted to share them here on the blog so I sacrificed just for you - I'm nice like that <<grin>>



Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 cups milk

  • TOPPING:
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. I like to do this for several minutes to make sure it is mixed well - about 3-5 minutes

Beat in the egg 

combine flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Beat until blended. The batter will be thick - sorry I forgot to get a photo of it - I guess I was just so excited about the muffins!

 Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. 

Combine topping ingredients; 

sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until the tops bounce back when lightly pressed. Cool for 10 minutes; 

remove from pan to a wire rack and try not to eat them all at once!










By the way - the team LOVED them! They ate every last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts! Comments are moderated, so I don't miss anything. I like to read each and every one!

When you leave a comment on a blog post, please be aware that the comment is then public and visible to anyone who reads the comment section. Your email address is never shared or disclosed, but your name and comment will be visible to others. You may choose to leave your comment anonymously. It is highly recommended that you avoid leaving detailed personal information in your comments. For more information please read Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy before leaving a comment > Life Tastes Good's Privacy Policy

I reserve the right to remove comments deemed as inappropriate, threatening, profane, or spammy without notice.

Thanks! I hope it's a great day!! ~Marion

>