Disclosure: Life Tastes Good is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Please note: This post may contain affiliate links to products I use and love. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with blog expenses when you make a purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
The #SundaySupper Tastemakers are getting ready to enjoy the 4th of July with easy recipes and you can too! Scroll down past my recipe for a list of over 40 Easy Patriotic Recipes to help you plan your celebration! Thanks goes out to Cindy, of Cindy's Recipes and Writings, for her efforts in making this event possible.
I don't mean to brag, but I think this is the BEST graham cracker crust recipe ever! It is easy to make with just the right amount of sweetness. Seriously! I could eat it right out of the bowl. I HAVE eaten it right out of the bowl! It's the same crust recipe I use for my popular Avocado Lime Cheesecake Recipe and just about anything else that has a graham cracker crust. For another easy dessert recipe perfect for the holiday, give my Patriotic No Bake Cake a try. It uses the same graham cracker crust recipe.
I ended up with some leftover graham cracker crumbs, but they didn't go to waste! They can be frozen for future use, but I used them to whip up my recipe for Lime Cheesecake Parfait to have another dessert option on hand. You can't have too many desserts, amIright?
For the filling, I used my favorite fruit dip recipe, the same one I use on my Strawberry Dessert Bruschetta, and then topped that with fresh fruit. I went with blueberries and sliced strawberries to have a red, white, and blue theme for the holiday, but don't be afraid to mix it up with a variety of fruit toppings. If it's your fave, it is bound to make a delicious tart when paired with my graham cracker crust and fruit dip.
I hope you have a safe and happy holiday weekend full of lots of fun, family, and delicious food! Be sure to watch my quick video below if you'd like to see how to make my Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted, melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh strawberries, tops cut off and then sliced
- Fresh bluberries
- 2 tablespoons Apricot preserves, melted
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse a sleeve of graham crackers with 1/3 cup sugar until you make fine crumbs. Add 6 tablespoons melted butter and pulse until combined. Spoon graham cracker crumb mixture into a 4 cup mini tart pan with removable bottoms. I use a small bottomed cup to tamp down the graham crackers as seen in the video above.
- In a medium bowl, add 8 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Cream mixture until well combined and smooth. I used my Smart Stick, but a hand or stand mixer works just as well.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly into the graham cracker crust and top with strawberries and blueberries. Refrigerate until the cream cheese mixture is cold and set enough to remove the tarts. About 30 minutes to an hour.
- When ready to serve, remove the tarts from the fridge and brush lightly with melted apricot preserves. Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
Tags: Red White and Blue, Fruit Tart, Mini Tart, Easy Recipe, Fresh Fruit, Holiday, 4th of July, Memorial Day, Dessert, Fruit Dip
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.